Over 100,000 downloads in two days of Indonesia’s version of WikileaksDecember 12th, 2010 - 1:46 pm ICT by BNO News
JAKARTA, INDONESIA (BNO NEWS) — Two days into its opening, users of Indonesia’s version of Wikileaks, Indoleaks, have already downloaded the available documents over 100,000 times.
There are four documents currently available on the website. One of them includes an ‘official report’ regarding human rights activist Munir, who died during a flight to Holland due to poisoning in 2004. The document is dated June 23, 2005 and recommends further investigations into the case.
Two State Intelligence Agency officials were connected to Munir’s death, but the agency’s chief, A.M. Hendropriyono, never faced trial, while Muchdi Purwoprandjono, an agency official, was acquitted of all charges.
Another document has been uploaded to the website regarding Lumpur Sidoarjo, a mud volcano located in the East Java province that expels around 30,000 square meters of mud per day and is expected to do so for the next 30 years.
Speculations indicate that oil and gas company PT Lapindo Brantas caused these mudflows after a natural gas blowout, but the company has claimed it was an earthquake that caused the mudflow.
Indoleaks also has made available what it claims to be a May 26, 1970 conversation at the White House between former U.S. President Nixon, former State Secretary Henry Kissinger, and former Indonesian President Suharto. The three discuss a revolutionary communist group in Indonesia.
Finally, documents showing a secret deal between the government of Indonesia with Microsoft was also made available. Among other things, the document shows that the Government agreed to buy 35,496 copies of Microsoft Windows and 177,480 copies of Microsoft Office.
Indonesian government spokesman Gatot S. Dewa Brata said the will only monitor this site to find out what kind of information it will release.
- Indonesian mud volcano 'likely to continue erupting for another 26 yrs' - Feb 26, 2011
- Plea for UNESCO to save Indonesian temples - Jan 23, 2011
- Indonesia seeks UAE investments - May 01, 2012
- Drilling caused Indonesian mud volcano eruption - Oct 31, 2008
- Microsoft to invest around $2.5 billion in Indonesia - Jan 22, 2011
- Indonesian imports increase by 56.4 percent in September - Nov 02, 2011
- Indonesia cuts sentence of over 50,000 prisoners - Aug 18, 2012
- Indonesian government vows to tackle corruption in 2011 - Dec 25, 2010
- Landslide kills seven in Indonesia - Jun 17, 2010
- Indonesia says 'no, thanks' to Russia's Sukhoi jets - Aug 09, 2012
- Indonesia eyes more investment from China - Mar 26, 2012
- India, Indonesia troops train in guerrilla warfare - Mar 01, 2012
- Indonesia aids Australian flash flooding with $1 million - Jan 17, 2011
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,