Orphaned grizzlies sent to the Montana zooDecember 21st, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Montana, Dec 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The three orphaned Yellowstone grizzly bears that were rescued in Canada after their mother was euphemized by authorities have now been sent to the Montana zoo.
The bears have been christened Dolly, Loulou and Koda. They felt comfortable at the zoo as people passed by to take a look at them. They are currently housed in a two acre stretch of the zoo. The animals were taken to the zoo to help attract more visitors to the zoo.
The bears and their mother were involved in a rare attack near the Yellowstone National Park in July. During the attack, one person died and two others were injured before the mother bear was eventually killed by the Canadian authorities. The three bears were then captured.
The animals are caged in an electric fenced cage and officials at the Montana zoo say they are training the animals to search for food themselves. That is something that is not regularly done in zoos around the world. Animals at zoos are often fed rather than taught to hunt for their own food.
The zoo officials however assured that the animals will not have any direct contact with people during their stay at the zoo. That is relieving considering the three animals’ history.
- Orphaned Grizzlies At ZooMontana Turn Out To Be Latest Attraction For Visitors - Dec 21, 2010
- Premiere Of The Infamous Orphaned Grizzlies Takes Place At A Zoo In Montana - Dec 21, 2010
- Yellowstone National Park officials hunt for a killer grizzly bear - Jul 07, 2011
- One Dead and Two Injured in Montana Bear Attack Near Yellowstone - Jul 29, 2010
- Yellowstone National Park officials confirm grizzly attack death - Aug 30, 2011
- Dogs kill six deer in China zoo - Sep 10, 2010
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- No anthrax at Delhi zoo: Officials - May 02, 2012
- Escaped bears kill two in Japan - Apr 20, 2012
- Nainital Zoo authorities take steps to protect animals from cold - Jan 19, 2011
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Bear shot dead after it mauls 70-year-old man - Jun 20, 2010
- Odisha orders probe into five tiger cubs' death - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: acre stretch, canada, canadian authorities, direct contact, dolly, grizzlies, grizzly bears, koda, loulou, mother bear, one person, three bears, world animals, yellowstone national park, zoo montana, zoo officials, zoos