Organizations Plans Relief For Survivors Of Haiti EarthquakeJanuary 13th, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Haiti, Jan 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The strong earthquake jolts that had shaken Haiti and claimed the life of several people, has completely devastated the region. As per the reports, it has taken a toll on the human civilization that has developed in this area and turned it into a land of ruins. People all over the world have been alarmed by this disaster and several organizations have offered relief to help the people, who have been victimized by this natural calamity.
According to reports, the headquarters of the United Nations in Haiti has been destroyed in the earthquake and several UN staffs were missing. The destruction of the UN headquarters made it difficult for the organization to provide immediate support to the people. Bill Clinton, former US President reported that the entire UN system as well as his office has been constantly monitoring the entire situation to estimate the disaster scale. US State Secretary, Hillary Clinton said that the country would offer complete support to Haiti.
It has been reported that World Bank is preparing a team to the assess damage caused by the earthquake and plan recovery that would help people recover from the loss. As per the reports, the International Red Cross Society as well as other major organizations has planned relief measures for this region. Simon Schorno, the spokesperson of the ICRC stated that they will send relief team for helping the medical units to deal with the casualties and injuries. It has been reported that Taiwan, Venezuela, Mexico, France and Britain have also offered to provide relief for the earthquake affected region.
- Thousands feared dead as massive earthquake destroys Haiti's capital - Jan 13, 2010
- Haiti's capital devastated by powerful earthquake - Jan 13, 2010
- Japan faces fears of n-radiation, more quakes (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Help pours in after Haiti's capital is devastated by powerful earthquake - Jan 13, 2010
- India asks Haiti politicos to exercise restraint - Jan 22, 2011
- Aid for Haiti a priority as 600,000 still live in camps following quake - Oct 06, 2011
- Robust US aid effort on Pak floods could thwart Taliban influence: Experts - Aug 10, 2010
- Bullock donates $1 million to Japan relief fund - Mar 18, 2011
- Earthquake Of 6.0 Magnitude Hits Manila, Creates Panic - Mar 25, 2010
- Haiti Earthquake Relief Work Needs More Medical Aid &amp; Tent - Jan 29, 2010
- Sean Penn's charity receives cash boost from Bill Clinton - Oct 09, 2010
- Haiti Death Toll Ticking Up Every Moment - Jan 16, 2010
- Relief teams helping Haiti's traumatized quake victims - Jan 15, 2010
- Massive earthquake devastates Haiti (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2010
- Venezuela Provides $100 Million To Earthquake Hit Haiti - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: bill clinton, casualties, disaster, earthquake jolts, haiti, hillary clinton, human civilization, icrc, kar, medical units, meena, natural calamity, red cross society, relief measures, spokesperson, staffs, state secretary, survivors, united nations, world bank