Oreo aims to set a Guinness World Record for the most number of ‘Likes’ on FacebookFebruary 17th, 2011 - 12:08 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Oreo is planning to make a Guinness World Record for the most number of ‘Likes’ on the popular social networking site Facebook.
The twist in the tale is that the world’s favorite cookie wants to set the record in a mere 24 hours. According to reports the record attempt would kick off from 9am EST on the 15th of February. The Oreo Facebook community has around 16 million fans on the popular social networking site and the Oreo top bosses are hoping that most of them would ‘like’ a post from the company to create the world record.
According to the Guinness rules, there need to be at least 45,000 ‘likes’ for the record to be created. And if this indeed happens then Oreo is all set to become the world’s most liked cookie.
Anyone who wants to be part of the record attempt can check out this link www.facebook.com/oreo
The parent company of the Oreo brand is Kraft Foods. They have 11 brands under their umbrella which include: Oreo, Nabisco and LU biscuits; Milka and Cadbury chocolates; Trident gum; Jacobs and Maxwell House coffees; Philadelphia cream cheeses; Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; and Oscar Mayer meats.
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- US probes bribery charge against Cadbury in India - Mar 04, 2011
- Kraft and Cadbury confirm 'finalising' takeover - Jan 19, 2010
- Cadbury kin plans rival chocolate company - Jun 21, 2010
- Facebook could be taken to court over alleged tracking - Nov 17, 2011
- Guess who's on Facebook? Indian embassy in Nepal - Apr 11, 2011
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
- Cadbury's: an epic chocolate saga of struggle and success - Feb 09, 2011
- Facebook denies shutdown rumors - Jan 10, 2011
- Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button! - Feb 16, 2011
- 25 million Facebook users in India - Apr 28, 2011
- Candy Corn Oreos about to hit stores soon - Sep 12, 2012
- Facebook 'more popular than porn with UK Internet users' - Mar 19, 2011
- Eminem most popular on Facebook - Mar 16, 2011
- Fake users hit the value of Facebook likes - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: cadbury chocolates, coffees, cream cheeses, dressings, facebook, guinness world record, jacobs, kraft foods, lu biscuits, maxwell house, milka, nabisco, oscar mayer, parent company, philadelphia, record attempt, social networking site, trident gum, umbrella