Oregon police detective arrested for domestic violenceFebruary 18th, 2010 - 1:21 am ICT by BNO News
PORTLAND, OREGON (BNO NEWS) – An Oregon police detective was arrested for domestic violence, local police said Wednesday.
Thomas E. Garrett, age 36 who resides in Portland, Oregon and works for the Milwaukie Police Department, allegedly physically assaulted a 30-year-old mother in front of one or more of her 4 children.
After the woman approached the front counter of the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office to report the incidents, the Desk Officer requested the assistance of the office’s Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT).
A DVERT Detective and uniformed Clackamas County Deputy Sheriff responded, conducting interviews and pursuing the allegations of the reported domestic violence case. The investigators also made direct contact with Milwaukie Police Department supervisors informing them of the ongoing criminal investigation.
With the professional and cooperative response of the Milwaukie Police, it was revealed that Garrett is considered as the biological father of a one-year-old infant, whose mother is alleging to be the victim of this reported domestic violence.
Garrett was arrested Tuesday at around 5:00 p.m. local time while working his shift at the Milwaukie Police Department. With the assistance of the police, Garrett was detained and transported to the Clackamas County Jail as he cooperated with the procedure.
Garrett posted bail and was released from custody shortly after.
He is scheduled to appear March 15 for the arraignment of the case.
- 18-month-old child accidently run over by vehicle - Jan 20, 2010
- Armed Oregon man demands to be shot and confronts police officer - Apr 16, 2010
- Oregon woman brings rifle to work to show colleague, sparks SWAT response - Feb 05, 2010
- Turner, OR man arraigned for possessing 125 marijuana plants - Sep 15, 2010
- Oregon man arrested for dealing drugs along with his 22-month daughter - Mar 20, 2010
- Michael Lohan arrested for domestic violence - Mar 23, 2011
- Driver dies in Roseburg, OR after crashing into police car - Feb 16, 2010
- Stolen vehicle found floating down Oregon river - Jan 27, 2010
- Fake cop arrested after interrupting prostitution sting! - Jan 22, 2010
- Body found in Oregon identified as missing tsunami victim - Apr 12, 2011
- Virginia police arrest suspect in Appomattox mass murder - Jan 21, 2010
- Man arrested twice on his marriage night - Feb 20, 2010
- Male Dials 911 From Hot Bathtub And Requests Hot Chocolate - Sep 02, 2010
- Indian-American wanted for 1996 murder kills family, self - Jun 10, 2012
- Two die in Gresham, Oregon restaurant shootings - Feb 13, 2010
Tags: arraignment, biological father, bno, clackamas county jail, clackamas county sheriff, conducting interviews, cooperative response, county deputy sheriff, criminal investigation, department supervisors, desk officer, direct contact, domestic violence case, garrett, milwaukie police, old mother, oregon police, police detective, portland oregon, response team