Officials finally catch loose monkey in FremontJune 11th, 2011 - 1:55 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Fremont, Ohio, June 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An escaped monkey on Thursday attacked two girls in Fremont, Ohio. After chasing the animal for hours, officials finally managed to catch the small-sized creature which is described as being the size of a raccoon.
The police chief at Fremont, Tim Wiersma, told reporters that the two girls who are all nine years suffered scratches on their bodies following the attack. He however assured that the girls were not seriously hurt by the animal. The animal was captured by the owner at around 6 pm. The capture followed hours of pursuit and two rounds of shots by the police. The owner has been cited in the incident.
For allowing the animal to escape and inflict injuries on other members of the public, the owner was given a minor misdemeanor and subsequently fined $150. The grivet monkey ended up being taken home by the owner.
The police are worried and they want the laws in the state to be changed so that exotic animals cannot be owned by neighbors. Wiersma said this is not the first time that the same animal has inflicted injuries on a member of the public. He said the owner has in the past been cited in a similar incident involving a neighbor.
- Dangerous animals escape from Ohio preserve - Oct 19, 2011
- Kangaroo 'embarks on lingerie looting spree' in Prague - Aug 24, 2011
- Animal rescue team called in Colorado to take care of rabbits left on the roadside - Nov 23, 2011
- Former Reality Show Contestant Brandy Rusher Arrested - May 31, 2010
- Briton suspected of cruelty to cat surrenders - Nov 12, 2011
- Randy Travis arrest video released - Feb 16, 2012
- Deer crashes through Halifax coffee shop - Jun 22, 2011
- Pet tiger escapes, causes scare in Mexico - Dec 31, 2011
- Why is Samantha Ronson Sad? - Aug 31, 2010
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- California man killed by bird in a cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Monkey delays Air China flight from New York - May 26, 2012
- 50 animals die in Russia circus fire - Dec 28, 2010