Octomom doctor accused of ‘gross negligence’January 6th, 2010 - 3:22 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Jan 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The California Medical Board has accused the ‘Octomom’ Nadya Suleman’s doctor of “Gross Negligence” after the doctor involvement with Suleman’s conception of octuplets in 2009. It is believed that the doctor, Dr. Michael Kamrava of the West Coast IVF clinic in Beverly Hills purposely helped the Nadya Suleman to conceive octuplets.
Nadya Suleman already had 6 children and she was living with her mother, when she met the doctor and asked him to assist her in conceiving octuplets. She wanted to have multiple children, as that would increase her chances of landing a reality show on TV.
Johnston said in the official complaint against Kamrava that he acted “beyond reasonable judgment by helping Nadya Suleman, conceive octuplets. Dr. Kamrava completely disregarded guidelines issued by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), who state that a woman Suleman’s age, 34, should not have more than two embryos implanted”.
The accused doctor, Dr. Michael Kamrava, implanted Nadya Suleman with a number of embryos “far in excess of the (American Society of Reproductive Medicine) recommendation and beyond the reasonable judgment of any treating physician.”
After the medical board decides this case, then it remains to be seen what punishment is meted out to Dr. Michael Kamrava. His medical license could also be revoked or suspended.
- Octomom doctor faces possible license revocation for gross negligence - Jul 14, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman 'had 12 embryos implanted' - Oct 19, 2010
- Fertility doc says Octomom agreed to be "human guinea pig" in study - Nov 20, 2010
- Octomom's doc expelled from American Society for Reproductive Medicine - Oct 20, 2009
- Doctor regrets helping Nadya Suleman become 'Octomom' - Oct 23, 2010
- Baby Addict "Octomom" Seeks Financial Solution In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom To Come Into Sight On The Show Of Oprah Winfrey - Apr 15, 2010
- Mumbai hospital offers solution to IVF pregnancy failures - Aug 03, 2010
- Healthy baby conceived from 20-year-old embryo - Oct 11, 2010
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Laughter boosts chances of IVF success - Jan 11, 2011
- Nadya Suleman To Do A Porn Movie? - Sep 19, 2010
- Octomom "screwed up" her life! - Aug 20, 2009
- New IVF test trebles chance of healthy baby - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: american society of reproductive medicine, asrm, beverly hills, california medical board, doctor dr, dr michael, embryos, gross negligence, ivf clinic, judgment, medical license, medicine, octuplets, reality show, west coast