Obama’s Jeep AuctionedMay 12th, 2010 - 10:19 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
May 12, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Liz Murphy is an executive accountant in Naperville. Liz Murphy’s 2000 Jeep Cherokee is valued at about $3,500, according to Kelley Blue Book. But in the previous week, someone paid $26,437.50 for it. The raison d’être: Its earlier possessor was Barack Obama. Murphy’s jeep belonged to President Obama when he was about to become the Senator from Illinois.
Murphy’s 2000 Jeep Cherokee had 133,000 miles on the odometer. It made her obtain nearly $26,500, a price in which one can acquire a brand new 2010 Cherokee.
The Jeep was auctioned utilizing a small auction dwelling in New Jersey, which mostly deals in sports memorabilia. The jeep was cataloged online as one of the most noteworthy and famous items offered by this auction house.
It brought 28 bidders and got over with John Reznikoff, a collector in Westport. Reznikoff already has two of John F Kennedy’s parade cars, Lyndon Johnson’s sports coat and Ronald Reagan’s rocking chair in his assortment of presidential artifacts. He declared that he was ready to disburse over $100,000 for this vehicle.
Murphy purchased this jeep for $15000 in 2004. She was told by the seller, who knew that it belonged to Obama, to make a copy of the title with Obama’s name on it. The dealer stated that Obama might become the American President some day.
Murphy divulged that she never supposed this until Obama was designated as the President in 2008. She mentioned that Obama left some reminders in the jeep, which included a lasting odor of cigarette smoke and a small tear in the leather of the driver’s seat.
- Obama's used jeep auctioned for $26,437 - May 12, 2010
- President Barack Obama's Former Jeep Auctioned For $26,437.50 - May 12, 2010
- School principal wants to ban Facebook - May 03, 2010
- Lee Harvey Oswald's Getaway Cab Auctioned In Texas For $35,750 - Jun 06, 2010
- Campbell Brown quits CNN - May 22, 2010
- The Marriage Of Kendra Wilkinson And Hank Baskett Experiences Unsteadiness Due To Her Sex Tape - May 14, 2010
- Congressional panel to investigate Tylenol's recall - May 07, 2010
- John Travolta's Wife Not Expecting Twins - May 27, 2010
- Miranda Lambert Has A Priceless Engagement Ring From Blake Shelton - May 15, 2010
- Extramarital Affair With Co-Producer, Laurie David, Is The Rationale Behind The Separation Of Al Gore From Tipper - Report - Jun 19, 2010
- Republican Rep. Souder Resigns Due To His Romantic Affair - May 19, 2010
- Mothers Kissing The 'Owies' Of Their Children Can Bequeath Advantages To The Health Of Those Children - May 19, 2010
- Strategic Default Outdoes HAMP Adjustments - May 10, 2010
- 10th Suicide in a Chinese Factory - May 27, 2010
- Celebrated And Revered ‘Beatles’ Dominate The ‘Top 200’ List Of iTunes - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: american president, auction house, barack obama, bidders, cigarette smoke, jeep cherokee, john f kennedy, john reznikoff, kelley blue book, lyndon johnson, men at work, naperville, odometer, pen men, president in 2008, rocking chair, ronald reagan, s sports, sports coat, sports memorabilia