North Korea Celebrates National DaySeptember 11th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Pyongyang, Sept 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) North Korea celebrated its independence day. Various types of dances that were performance that conformed to the Arirang dance that is famous in this country.
The Arirang dance is actually a sport that the residents of Korea are used to engage in. These celebrations took place in Pyongyang on the 10th of October. This show was actually planned to be celebrated on the 9th of October as this date is said to be the most important holiday that is celebrated nationwide. This is the day that marks the commencement of the democratic state of Korea in the year 1948.
This show marked the 64th anniversary of this country. A local daily reported the Arirang is a popular cultural song in Korea which used to be held in a stadium with a capacity of almost 15000 viewers. The dancers’ selection period went on for about four months and this is after the best dancers or acrobats had been singled out.
The dancers too had backups such that if it happened that there was a dancer who got injured and became incompetent; there was an instant replacement for the individual. In the meantime, some defectors released balloons with messages that conveyed condemn to the form balloons with messages that condemned the leader of North Korea.
- North Korea threatens to 'blow up' Seoul - Apr 20, 2012
- Japan resolution against North Korea's rocket launch - Apr 12, 2012
- Pentagon urges North Korea to give up missile launch (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Bend it like Beckham' becomes 1st western film to be broadcast in N. Korea - Dec 31, 2010
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- UNSC condemns North Korean rocket launch - Apr 17, 2012
- North Korea has no plans for n-test: Official - Jun 10, 2012
- North Korea launches long-range rocket: reports (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- North Korea executed three cannibals - May 11, 2012
- North Korea all set to launch satellite: Official (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: acrobats, anniversary, arirang, balloons, celebrations, commencement, dancer, dancers, democratic state, four months, independence day, leader of north korea, north korea, pyongyang, selection period, sept 11, types of dances