NM Businessman Arrested: Human Heads Found In Medical Waste TubApril 5th, 2010 - 10:28 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Apr 05 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A business man from New Mexico has been arrested and charged with three counts of fraud after seven human heads and other body parts were found in a truck at a waste facility in Kansas. The bodies were supposed to be cremated and returned to the families, but the police say that instead, they were dismembered with chain saws and crude instruments with the intention of organ harvesting. The body parts were found almost two weeks ago at the Stericycle facility in Kansas City , Kansas. An employee from this facility tipped the police off when the body parts were found in 12 different tubs.
Thirty one year old Paul Montano was arrested on Thursday in Albuquerque, New Mexico and is being held on 100,000 dollars bond. He is the owner of Bio Care Southwest, a firm which receives donated bodies and sells the organs and other body parts which they harvest. In exchange, the bodies are cremated and returned to the families. Instead, they parts were harvested, and then the remains were thrown away like medical waste. The families of the deceased are devastated. One family thought they had scattered the remains of their 83 year old dad after he had a stroke. Now they are not sure if all or any of the body of their father was among those ashes. “To not give you everything and to have the head shipped some place else, it’s really disturbing,” said Chuck Hines, of Bosque Farms, N.M.
The mission of Bio Care is supposed to be to advance medicine through donated human tissue which is non transplantable. Scientist are then allowed to study those organs to get a better understanding of disease. The company has a contract with Stericycle to dispose of any left over medical waste. “At Bio Care, you will always be treated with dignity, respect and honesty,” its home page says. So far three of the bodies have been identified.
- Heads and torsos turn up in medical waste - Apr 05, 2010
- Torsos And Heads Transported As 'Medical Waste' - Apr 05, 2010
- Heads And Torsos Unearthed In Medical Waste Shipments - Apr 05, 2010
- 54 hospitals get pollution notices in Punjab - Jul 10, 2011
- Mexican involved in killing of 49 people arrested - Aug 04, 2012
- `Mexico must look into obstacles to press coverage' - Jul 05, 2012
- Abducted Mexican journalist found dead (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- 49 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - May 14, 2012
- Memorial Day 2010: President Obama visits troops at Fisher House, Illinois - Jun 01, 2010
- Chinese couple held in Paris for murdering another couple - Jun 19, 2012
- Five dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Sep 22, 2010
- British police kept 150 murder victims' organs - Jul 30, 2011
- Nine bodies found on Mexican highway - Aug 21, 2011
- Eight die in two plane crashes in Bolivia - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: albuquerque new mexico, body parts, bosque farms, business man, businessman, chain saws, chuck hines, dignity, fraud, honesty, human tissue, intention, kansas city kansas, medical waste, old dad, organs, paul montano, scientist, stericycle, stroke