NJ ER shows wait times on billboardsApril 13th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New Jersey, April 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) How long one would have to wait in the emergency room is a major concern for many patients and health officials alike. A hospital in New Jersey says they have become the first hospital in their area to show patients on average how long it would take them to see the doctor.
Bayonne Medical Center has installed two electronic billboards in various locations in the state. The billboards were unveiled on Tuesday and they are located at Jersey City’s Journal Square and New Jersey Turnpike near the Holland Tunnel. According to the details on the billboards, it takes an average of 30 minutes for a patient to see a doctor after walking through the doors of the hospital.
The trend is becoming very common among hospitals in the United States. Hospitals are expected to report their efficiency to the Medicare in 2012. According to officials, how long a person with an emergency waits in the hospital affects the chances of recovery. It is believed that advertising waiting times would help people who are not in critical conditions decide which hospitals to seek care.
The waiting time advertisement does not affect people who are in critical conditions because they are given a priority.
- Private doctors strike work in Tamil Nadu - Jan 05, 2012
- Tension brews over smoke at city hospital - Mar 21, 2012
- Relatives create ruckus at Gurgaon's Artemis Hospital - Apr 24, 2012
- 5,000 Kerala doctors on daylong strike - May 03, 2011
- Emotional toll make patients out of doctors (Health Feature) - Jul 20, 2012
- AARP laudes passing of the American Jobs, Closing Tax Loopholes and Preventing Outsourcing Act - May 29, 2010
- Lincoln Tunnel Blockage Chokes Traffic - Feb 23, 2010
- Beaten at Ramdev meet, Gurgaon woman struggles to live - Jun 06, 2011
- Belgian solar tunnel to power high speed rail running from Paris to Amsterdam - Jun 09, 2011
- Air ambulance crash is the first, say experts (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Kolkata blaze: Hospital director's bail plea rejected - Dec 21, 2011
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Hyderabad hospital performs rare kidney transplant - Aug 19, 2011
- Doctors sew up forceps inside patient in Kent - Aug 09, 2012
- Babus' interference in health sector angers Bihar's doctors - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: 30 minutes, bayonne medical center, critical conditions, doors, efficiency, electronic billboards, emergency room, health officials, holland tunnel, hospitals, jersey city, medicare, new jersey turnpike, priority, time advertisement, waiting time, waiting times