Nine southeast Texas residents charged with trafficking methApril 16th, 2010 - 1:55 am ICT by BNO News
GALVESTON, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) – Nine southeast Texas area residents were indicted for methamphetamine trafficking in Galveston as a result of Operation Blood Loss, prosecutors said on Thursday.
The Operation Blood Loss was conducted by the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) with help from the DEA Galveston Task Force including special agents of the Galveston office of the DEA, Texas City office of the FBI and officers of the Freeport and Lake Jackson police departments and the Brazoria County Sheriff’s Department.
All nine defendant s were charged with conspiring to possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine between April 2008 and May 2009. One or more of the defendants are charged in the remaining 11 counts of the indictment of possessing with intent to distribute substantial quantities of methamphetamine or substances containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine.
Kasi Grubbs, 27, and Trevor Henderson, 34, both of Angleton, Texas, were arrested at their homes. Russell Scott Broussard, 27, of West Columbia, Texas, was detained at the residence of a friend.
Sherry Lynn McClernon, aka Sherry Rose, 38, of Brazoria, Texas, and Gilberto Estrada, 26, of Baytown, Texas, were taken into custody on April 7 and 9 respectively; both of them were arrested during a traffic stop. Mahriah Chandler, 31, of Angleton, was taken into custody in Galesburg, Illinois.
The last three charged, Shawn Poe, 24, of Angleton; Gabriel Rubio, 33, of Freeport, Texas; and Melody Carlyle, 43, of Angleton, were all in state custody.
The conspiracy count carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 10 years and a maximum sentence of life in federal prison upon conviction as well as a maximum fine of $4 million. The other counts’ statutory punishment range from 5 or 10 years in prison up to life imprisonment.
- 'Overwhelming Odor' Leads To Huge Drug Bust In California - Jun 27, 2010
- Purported 'Samsung heiress' busted with 230kg dope in luggage indicted on drug charges - Jun 22, 2010
- Mexican citizen sentenced to prison in Sioux City, IO for selling meth - Feb 09, 2010
- Samsung Electronics heiress busted with 230kg marijuana in luggage - Jun 17, 2010
- Salina, KS man sentenced for guns and drug trafficking - Mar 12, 2010
- US agent accused of buying guns for Mexican cartels - Apr 13, 2012
- Man of Midland, TX sentenced for methamphetamine distribution - Mar 12, 2010
- Kansas couple charged of running a drug house near local elementary school - Feb 11, 2010
- Algae bloom kills nearly 1 mn fish in Gulf of Mexico - Aug 18, 2012
- Iowa man charged with being a felon in possesion of a firearm - Feb 05, 2010
- Five men arrested for drug and gun charges in Manchester, NH - Apr 16, 2010
- Brett Favre's Sister Brandi Favre Arrested In Drug Bust - Jan 13, 2011
- US indicts two for trafficking jaguar pelts - Aug 31, 2011
- Case involving Indian lawyer missing in Malaysia gets more mysterious - Sep 18, 2010
- Pot possession charge against Crawford dropped - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: angleton texas, baytown texas, blood loss, bno, brazoria county sheriff, brazoria texas, freeport texas, galesburg illinois, galveston texas, life imprisonment, mandatory sentence, maximum sentence, methamphetamine, ocdetf, russell scott, southeast texas area, state custody, substantial quantities, texas residents, west columbia texas