‘News of the World’ Whistleblower Sean Hoare found deadJuly 19th, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Watford, July 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sean Hoare who is considered one of the first whistleblowers in the phone hacking scandal in the United Kingdom has been found dead at his home. The police in Watford have confirmed finding a dead body but they have not confirmed the identity of the body.
The police issued a statement on Monday saying, “At 10.40am today police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for the welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.”
Hoare is a former showbiz reporter for the closed News of the World newspaper. He also worked with The Sun but he was later dismissed from his job when he was accused of drinking and using drugs while on duty.
As a journalist, Hoare is the first person who came out to say that Andy Coulson was aware of the phone hacking that was going on. In fact Hoare never stopped talking. During an interview with the British newspaper The Guardian last week, the ‘News of the World’ whistleblower Hoare said his decision to talk about the scandal was borne out of his deep-seated ambition to see journalism in Britain cleaned up.
The British police said they do not suspect any foul play in the death of Hoare.
- News of the World ex-editor arrested over phone hacking (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- British PM's ex-spokesperson held for perjury - May 30, 2012
- Cameron says hacking probe to be widened, regrets hiring Coulson (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Cameron's communications chief quits Number 10 post over phone hacking scandal - Jan 22, 2011
- Ex-deputy editor of News of the World arrested - Jul 14, 2011
- News of the World ex-editor may be arrested over phone hacking - Jul 08, 2011
- News International deliberately blocked probe: MPs' panel (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Phone hacking: UK police arrest former News of the World editor - Aug 10, 2011
- British journalists to be charged over phone hacking - Jul 24, 2012
- Those involved in phone hacking must be prosecuted: Cameron - Jul 13, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks appears before the British Parliamentary Committee - Jul 20, 2011
- Police set to reopen News of the World phone hacking case - Jan 07, 2011
- Thank you and goodbye, says News of the World - Jul 10, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks released on bail - Jul 18, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks arrested - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,