Newark airport reopens again after a bomb scareDecember 21st, 2010 - 1:20 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Newark, Dec 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Terminal “A” of Newark Airport was shut and bomb squad was deployed to the place on Monday morning.
As it later turned out, the bomb scare was caused by a monitor that was checked in as a luggage.
Officials at the airport closed off Terminal “A” of the airport and the disruption lasted for more than half an hour as the bomb squad busied themselves working to get the supposed bomb.
This is the one of the busiest traveling seasons in the United States and the disruption at one of the busiest airports caused great inconvenience to passengers.
Authorities have now allowed passengers back into the terminal after the initial closure.
American authorities are determined to avoid the 9/11 styled attacks in the United States that claimed the lives of more than 3,000 people in the country. The country has beefed up security at most of the major airports in the country.
The TSA which is responsible for the safety of travelers in particular has come up with several measures to ensure that that is not compromise. Last year Christmas, a Nigerian born Islamist militant tried to blow a plane up in air with a bomb.
- Bomb scare at Newark airport in US - Dec 20, 2010
- Man held over bomb threat to Amsterdam airport (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Newark Airport Returns To Normalcy Post Bomb Scare - Dec 21, 2010
- Suspicious device at Namibia airport was part of U.S. security test - Nov 19, 2010
- Security breach at US airport delays flights to India (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2010
- Logan Airport Bomb Scare Resolved Finally - Nov 24, 2010
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- South African airport evacuated after bomb scare - Jun 24, 2012
- US airport security glitches exposed - Dec 17, 2010
- Airlines to start 'Trusted traveler program' - Oct 04, 2011
- Now drink containers under scanner at North American airports (Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Spanish plane hijacking report denied - Aug 30, 2012
- US Transportation Security Administration to start 'Trusted Traveler Program' - Oct 05, 2011
- Authorities examining suspicious packages on UPS flights in several airports - Oct 29, 2010
- Karnataka's Hubli airport on high alert against terror attack - Sep 25, 2011
Tags: american authorities, bomb scare, bomb squad, busiest airports, christmas, closure, disruption, half an hour, inconvenience, luggage, measures, monday morning, newark airport, travelers, tsa, united states