New York Police Arrests ‘Bouquet Bandit’ Edward PembertonJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:29 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 44 year old Brooklyn Man Edward Pemberton was arrested yesterday for robbing two banks in Manhattan while holding a bouquet of flowers in one instance and a potted plant on the other. A security camera photo published in one of the reputed media source showed that Edward Pemberton standing at the teller’s window and holding a bouquet while handling over a note. In the note the teller was asked to give all “hundreds and fifties” to the robber. The case has been dubbed as “Bouquet Bandit” since then as the alleged person was armed with a floral bouquet and a potted plant!
The Police said that Edward Pemberton has 14 previous arrests and he was mostly caught for drug possession. The accused was in police custody last Friday when he was arrested for fare evasion. Edward Pemberton walked into Chelsea Bank on July 8 and robbed more than $2,325 from the teller’s drawer after showing the demand note hidden inside the clay pot. However, just a week later he used the similar way of robbery at the Bank of Smithtown, holding a bouquet of assorted flowers and this time he robbed $440.
The robber fled the scene leaving the bouquet in the bank but his picture was already taken on the security video camera of the bank which helped the police to track him later. The police said that Edward Pemberton was arrested at a relative’s home in Bedford-Stuyvesant. One of the clerks of the flower shop where Edward Pemberton worked could not believe that the latter robbed the banks as according to him Edward Pemberton was a “good guy” and he refused to say anything bad about the alleged “Bouquet Bandit”.
- Police arrest the bouquet bandit - Edward Pemberton - Jul 22, 2010
- Robber decked in 'Darth Vader' outfit robs a bank - Jul 26, 2010
- Robber robs NY bank with bunch of flowers! - Jul 21, 2010
- Skateboarder bandit flees after a San Diego bank heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Robber forgets to put on mask before robbing a bank - Aug 22, 2010
- Granddad Bandit's Photos Made Available - Feb 23, 2010
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- In five minutes, Pakistani bank robbed of Rs.4.6 mn - Aug 06, 2011
- Serial bank robber "old man bandit" sentenced to 13 years in prison - Jul 31, 2010
- Texas bank robber shows 2 IDs while robbing - Mar 16, 2011
- Police still on the lookout for bank robber who forgot to put on his mask in his bank robbery attempt - Aug 24, 2010
- 'Too hot' ex-Citibank employee attracting male customers at new office - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: assorted flowers, bandit, bank of smithtown, bedford stuyvesant, bouquet of flowers, clay pot, drug possession, fare evasion, fifties, floral bouquet, flower shop, gina gomez, media source, new york police, pemberton, police arrests, police custody, potted plant, robber, security camera