New York City man dies in Tampa, Florida jet ski accidentMay 3rd, 2010 - 3:57 am ICT by BNO News
TAMPA, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) — A New York City man died after his jet ski was struck by a second jet ski in Tampa, Florida on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
Tampa Police said the accident happened just before 2.50 p.m. local time on the north side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway when his jet ski was struck by a second jet ski. “As a result of the collision, the victim was knocked off of the jet ski and into the water,” police said.
The victim was transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital by Tampa Fire Rescue and was later pronounced dead. He was identified as 21-year-old Nosson N. Deitsch, who lived in the 500 block of Crown Street in Brooklyn, New York.
The Tampa Marine Patrol is investigating the accident.
- Sean Kingston critical after jet ski accident - May 30, 2011
- 10-year-old Florida boy hangs self after being sent to room - Apr 20, 2011
- Retired astronaut dies in jet ski crash - Jul 02, 2012
- No injuries after fire at mobile home in Tampa, Florida - Mar 29, 2010
- Three people shot outside a nightclub in Tampa, FL - Aug 09, 2010
- Two Florida officers shot and killed after traffic stop, suspect still missing - Jun 30, 2010
- Tampa, FL toddler dies after being left in car while uncle attends church services - Sep 14, 2010
- Lockdown lifted after explosive device explodes at Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida - May 18, 2010
- Explosive device explodes at Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida; second deactived - May 17, 2010
- 9 years old boy killed by Disney Bus while riding his bike - Apr 03, 2010
- Elderly pedestrian dies in Pinellas Park, Fla. crash - Mar 14, 2010
- Charlie Sheen is the victim of an 'accident hoax' - Dec 02, 2011
- Two small planes crash in Orange County, New York - May 10, 2011
- Sean Kingston's condition is stable - Jun 01, 2011
- Two U.S. Marines rescued after fighter jet crashes off San Diego, CA - Aug 11, 2011
Tags: authorities, bno, brooklyn, brooklyn new york, city man, courtney campbell causeway, crown street, fire rescue, jet ski accident, local time, new york city, s hospital, st joseph, sunday afternoon, tampa florida, tampa police, water police