New Tallest Man In USMay 29th, 2010 - 7:45 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
May 29, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): A 27 year old man from Rochester, Minnesota, US has been named the tallest man in US. At 7 feet, 8.33 inches, Igor Vovkovinskiy who originally is from Ukraine has been confirmed to be the tallest living man in US by Guiness World Records.
Igor Vovkovinskiy had travelled all the way to New York, where Guiness officials announced him to be the tallest man in US on the set of The Dr. Oz Show.
At the age of 7, Igor’s mother Svetlana brought him to Minnesota to get treated at Mayo Clinic. Igor had been diagnosed with a pituitary disease which caused the growth spurt. He is also diagnosed with diabetes.
As per reports, he stood 5 ft tall at the age of 3 and 6 ft when he was just 7 years.
Vovkovinskiy is now happy that he has a certificate to prove that he indeed is the tallest man in America. Earlier he didn’t have anything to prove it.
Vovkovinskiy, who uses size 26 shoes, is pursuing a degree in paralegal studies from the Minnesota School of Business.
He has also joined an organisation for tall people called Tall club International, where he is now friends with others who are tall.
Sultan Kosen is the world’s tallest living man at 8 feet, 1 inch tall, by Guiness records. While the tallest man ever title has been bestowed upon Robert Wadlow from Illinois who stood at 8 feet 11.1 inches. Waldow died at the age of 22 due to an infection in the year 1940.
- Guinness World Records announces new tallest living man in America - May 22, 2010
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest American! - May 29, 2010
- Guinness crowns Igor Vovkovinskiy as the 'New tallest man in U.S.' - May 26, 2010
- New Tallest Man In U.S. Is A Barack Obama Fan - May 26, 2010
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest Man In The U.S. - May 26, 2010
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
- Sultan Kosen Declared As The World's Tallest Man - Sep 17, 2009
- Pituitary tumour caused world's tallest man's gigantism - Sep 18, 2009
- World's tallest man looking for love - Sep 17, 2009
- World's tallest man meets the shortest for first time - Jan 15, 2010
- A meeting of world's tallest and shortest men - Jan 15, 2010
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- Edward Nino Hernandez Named World's Shortest Man, But Not For Long - Sep 07, 2010
- Californian couple named world's tallest man and wife - Nov 19, 2010
- Pak's second tallest man, woman and shortest man visit Malaysia - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: 1940, growth spurt, guiness records, guiness world records, igor vovkovinskiy, mayo clinic, men at work, minnesota school of business, old man, paralegal studies, pen men, pituitary disease, robert wadlow, rochester minnesota, school of business, sultan kosen, svetlana, tall sultan, tallest living man, tallest man in america