New Russian fighter plane Sukhoi T-50 completes its test flightFebruary 6th, 2010 - 10:47 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Moscow, Feb 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Russian fighter plane Sukhoi T-50 made its debut in the skies and successfully completed its test flight. The manufacturer kept the whole plane and its development under a lot of secrecy. This particular war plane is supposed to be a match for the US F-22 Raptor. This F-22 Raptor was the prototype of a war plane, that was showcased almost 20 years ago.
The warplane’s first flight lasted close to an hour i.e. for 47 minutes. The Russian Prime Minister was obviously very pleased with the development, and said that it is a huge step forward for them. However the new stealth jet has its share of critics too. Pavel Felgenhauer who is an independent military analyst said that, it is just a humbug. He compared it to a prototype, which has old engines and new radar. He was also apprehensive of the fact that Russia didn’t have the right resources to build a fifth generation fighter.
Prior to the test flight, there were many technical problems that were hampering the test flight. However they were subsequently sorted out, and then it made its test flight. The officials didn’t bother to divulge much about the specifications, and the design of the warplane. There were also reports that Russia had collaborated with some Indian experts to sort out the technical problems that were plaguing the warplane from making its debut flight.
- New Russian stealth fighter developed - Feb 02, 2010
- Russia's 5G fighter makes first demonstration flight - Aug 18, 2011
- China used downed US F-117 Nighthawk to reverse engineer its first stealth jet - Jan 24, 2011
- Russia to increase number of fighters in test flights - Feb 13, 2012
- New stealth fighter jet for Russia, India - Aug 16, 2011
- Vladimir Putin claims Russian fighter jet superior to US rival - Jun 18, 2010
- Russia's fifth-generation fighter jet makes maiden flight - Jan 29, 2010
- China's stealth fighter based on US nighthawk - Jan 24, 2011
- New Russian Fighter Plane Takes Test Flight - Feb 06, 2010
- Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter undergoes trial - Aug 21, 2012
- China develops new stealth fighter using downed US bomber - Mar 14, 2011
- China conducts first test-flight of stealth plane - Jan 11, 2011
- New Russian Fighter Completes Its Maiden Flight - Feb 01, 2010
- India-Russia combat jet may compete in South Korean tender - Aug 18, 2011
- Russia to start 5th generation fighter tests in 2010: Deputy PM - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: debut flight, f 22 raptor, fifth generation, fighter plane, first flight, generation fighter, humbug, military analyst, old engines, pavel felgenhauer, prototype, right resources, russian fighter, russian prime minister, secrecy, stealth, sukhoi, test flight, war plane, warplane