New Orleans physician pleads guilty to health care fraudMarch 5th, 2010 - 12:08 am ICT by BNO News
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA (BNO NEWS) – A New Orleans, Louisiana physician pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of health care fraud, U.S. Attorney Jim Letten announced.
Dr. Windsor Dennis, 78, is an orthopedic surgeon who operated a medical practice in New Orleans. He billed the Department of Labor, Office of Worker’s Compensation, for health care services he claimed to have provided after the Hurricane Katrina when his office was not open.
Dr. Dennis faces a maximum term of ten years in federal prison, a fine of $250,000 and three years of supervised release. His sentence hearing will be on May 26.
“Today’s plea and restitution agreement by Dr. Windsor Dennis is a significant victory in the on-going battle against fraudulent workers’ compensation claims,” David Williams, Inspector General for the U.S. Postal Service said.
- Oklahoma physician charged for New Orleans area health care fraud - Mar 05, 2010
- New Orleans woman charged with stealing government funds - Feb 06, 2010
- New Orleans resident arrested for health care fraud - Feb 12, 2010
- Former New Orleans policeman pleads guilty for conspiring to cover up the Danziger Bridge shootings - Feb 26, 2010
- Texas man arrested in New Orleans with 23 kilograms of cocaine - Feb 10, 2010
- Former Louisiana Senator sentenced to prison for role in money laundering - Feb 12, 2010
- Man pleads guilty to making false statements on Road Home application - Jan 22, 2010
- California postal service employee indicted for compensation benefits fraud - Mar 06, 2010
- Over a million homes without power in storm-hit US states - Aug 31, 2012
- New Orleans, LA woman pleads guilty of defrauding government programs - Mar 06, 2010
- Las Vegas surgeon sentenced after pleading guilty to concealing fraud - Jan 15, 2010
- American group joins fight for 500 Indian workers in US - Feb 22, 2011
- Former New Orleans school board president sentenced for fraud case - Mar 12, 2010
- Buffalo, NY woman sentenced for Hurricane Katrina fraud case - Feb 19, 2010
- Dyron L. Hart sentenced for communicating deat threats via Facebook - Dec 03, 2009
Tags: bno, department of labor, dr dennis, federal prison, fraudulent workers, health care fraud, health care services, hurricane katrina, inspector general, maximum term, medical practice, new orleans louisiana, orthopedic surgeon, plea, restitution, s postal service, supervised release, u s postal service, windsor, workers compensation