NATO: Three coalition service members and one ISAF civilian die in Afghanistan attacksMay 22nd, 2010 - 10:23 pm ICT by BNO News
KABUL (BNO NEWS) — Three coalition service members were killed in two separate attacks in southern Afghanistan on Saturday, the NATO-led ISAF alliance said. A civilian working with ISAF was also killed.
The alliance said two coalition service members were killed in the first attack, which was described as an ‘insurgent attack.’ No details on the attack were immediately released, but ISAF said that a civilian which was working with the alliance had also been killed.
In a separate attack, also in the country’s south, another coalition service member was killed as a result of an improvised explosive device (IED) attack.
The nationalities of the service members who were killed were not immediately released.
A total of 205 coalition service members have been killed in Afghanistan so far this year, according to a BNO News count based on official data. Most of those who died were from the United States and the United Kingdom.
On Friday, a British Marine from 40 Commando Royal Marines serving as part of Combined Forces Sangin was killed when he was struck by an IED near Patrol Base Almas, in Sangin of Helmand Province. He was the 41st British service member to have been killed in Afghanistan so far this year.
His name was not immediately released, but relatives have been informed.
- Roadside bomb kills NATO soldier in southern Afghanistan - Mar 27, 2012
- British, Estonian troops killed in southern Afghanistan - Oct 16, 2011
- Rogue Afghan soldier kills two British troops in southern Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills NATO soldier in eastern Afghanistan - Aug 03, 2011
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast - Jul 23, 2012
- Five NATO soldiers die in Afghanistan: ISAF - Jul 31, 2011
- Two coalition service members, including a British soldier, die in southern Afghanistan - May 03, 2010
- Coalition service member killed in southern Afghanistan - Apr 30, 2010
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills NATO troops, children near market - May 21, 2012
- Five NATO soldiers die in Afghan attacks - Jan 13, 2011
- Wave of attacks kill seven NATO soldiers in Afghanistan - Mar 01, 2011
- Coalition service member dies in blast in southern Afghanistan - May 24, 2010
- North Carolina-based Marine from Florida killed in southern Afghanistan - May 25, 2010
- Bomb blast kills 5 more NATO troops in southern Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2011
- Security developments in Afghanistan, Jan 24 - Jan 25, 2010
Tags: almas, bno, commando, explosive device, ied, kabul, nationalities, nato, patrol base, relatives, royal marines, s south, separate attacks, service member, service members, southern afghanistan, united kingdom, united states