Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest 2009 Results:Joey Chestnut WinsJuly 5th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by GD
We have the name of a clear winner for this year’s 94th Annual Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, and the winner of this very popular event is Joey “Jaws” Chestnut. The last year’s champion has managed to cling on to his title and defend it gloriously. He beat Takeru Kobayashi in the ‘eatathon’ that was held in the Coney Island in New York. Chestnut was able to gorge down 68 of the delicious hot dogs while his opponent swallowed down 64; a good 4 hot dog margin we may say. The commendable feat that was achieved in flat 10 minutes is the new world record in the hot dog eating contest.
This is the third consecutive for Joey chestnut at the hot dog eating competition. Once again Takeru “Tsunami” Kobayashi, a six time champion, has been placed in the second place. Last year, both the champion eaters had tied at 59 hot dogs in the stipulated 10 minutes time slot. It was only in the overtime that chestnut had beaten his adversary to clinch the title of the “champion eater”.
Chestnut later said that he could have perfected the win, as he was sure he could have wolfed down 70 franks. He said, “I have been practicing hard. I knew it would be hard to beat me. After the second minute I knew my body was cooperating.” Nevertheless,it was a great show. Two minutes after the clock had started ticking, Chestnut had already managed to eat 23 dogs. For most part of the eating bout, he had maintained a safe and comfortable 2 hot dog lead over his arch-rival.
The 25 year old, 218 pound champion Joey Chestnut took home $20,000 prixa money along with the most coveted trophy of the “Mustard Belt”.
- Joey Chestnut Wins International Hot Dog Eating Contest 4th Time - Jul 05, 2010
- Three-time champion defends his title at Nathan's world famous hot dog eating contest in New York - Jul 05, 2010
- Man creates a record by eating 191 chicken wings in 12 mins - Sep 04, 2012
- Man Eats 191 Chicken Wings in 12 Min - Sep 03, 2012
- Hot Dog Eating Contest goes berserk after ex-champ creates havoc - Jul 05, 2010
- Joey Chestnut wins the bratwurst eating contest - Sep 19, 2011
- Californian smashes hot dog eating world record by having 68 in 10 mins - Jul 05, 2009
- Man gobbles 54 hot dogs in 10 minutes - Jul 05, 2010
- Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest Draws Crowd - Jul 04, 2009
- American man dubbed 'Jaws' crowned 'King of the Burrito' - Sep 13, 2010
- Virginia Woman Sonya Thomas Becomes Speed Eating Champion - Sep 06, 2010
- Sonya "Black Widow" Thomas Eats 181 Wings At Wing Festival - Sep 07, 2010
- World hot dog chomping champ retains his crown after eat-off! - Jul 05, 2008
- Takeru Kobayashi reclaims world hamburger eating title - Sep 30, 2009
- American Female Wolfs 181 Chicken Wings In A Competition In Buffalo - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: adversary, arch rival, coney island, franks, hot dog eating competition, hot dog eating contest, hot dogs, jaws, joey chestnut, mustard, new world record, opponent, overtime, pound champion, takeru kobayashi, time champion, time slot, trophy, tsunami kobayashi, two minutes