Murderer Found on Cruise 13 Years after EscapeSeptember 4th, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, Sept 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A convict who had been charged of committing a murder was arrested on a cruise ship that was heading to northern Germany.
It is believed that he thought he would never have been found as he was in a boat that had a Panamanian flag. He is said to have been hiding for a period of 13 years from the time he was charged of the crime. The German police who were at the time checking on the water way said that it was a mistake according to the police spokesman.
The German police who were checking on the list of those who were aboard the cruise ship coincidentally found his name in the list of those who were in the cruise ship.
This luxurious ship is said to have been moving to Kiel from Norway.
The 65 year old convict is said to have miscalculated his move and failed to have left the cruise ship from Kiel. This is because he thought that because the cruise ship has a foreign flag maybe it would not be checked by the police. The Austrian got a lesson that he will live to remember.
- Costa Concordia Crew 'Not Drilled in Evacuation Procedures' - Sep 15, 2012
- Rape kit plan for cruise ships to help preserve evidence from crime scenes - Aug 31, 2010
- Cargo ship sinks off Mumbai, probe ordered (Third Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Banderas, Hayek present `Puss in Boots' on cruise ship - Oct 18, 2011
- Five more bodies found on wrecked Italian ship - Jan 18, 2012
- Dortmund reaches semifinals at German Cup - Feb 08, 2012
- Ship's sinking: Captain refused to coordinate evacuation (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Cyprus detains ship with military cargo - Jun 23, 2010
- Four bodies found aboard sunken ship - Feb 23, 2012
- Kerala boat hit-and-run: Cargo ship sailor arrested - Mar 08, 2012
- Ukrainian, two Israelis get life term in Egypt - Mar 13, 2012
- 30 rescued from sinking cargo ship off Mumbai (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Supreme Court notice to Kerala Police on Italian ship (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Russian ex-cops kidnap, kill Austrian lawyer - Aug 19, 2012
- Norway killing suspect may get 21 years in jail (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011