Motive sought for alleged Craigslist killerApril 22nd, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by GD
The police are trying to figure out a possible motive for the accused Craigslist killer Philip Markoff’s assaults on prostitutes and escorts in Boston, including murdered model Julissa Brisman.
According to sources, Markoff was a known gambler and investigators are trying to find if money issues related to high stakes gambling may have led to his sudden violent spree. Markoff is accused in the murder case of Manhattan model Julissa Brisman, 26, who offered professional masseuse services and met him at the Marriott Copley Place hotel. According to police sources, Brisman was giving sensual massages and met her killer through a Carigslist ad she had posted. She was handcuffed with plastic zip-tie binds and shot several times.
Markoff is being held without bail and was to post $250,000 for robbing a prostitute on April 10. He allegedly flung her against the door and then shut her mouth with duct tape. According to the police, a semi automatic gun and ammunition and several “items used to bind” victims were found in Markoff’s apartment at Quincy during a search last night. An IP address that showed his internet provider led to the police to the Quincy apartment where Markoff stays and they conducted the search to find the aforementioned items.
Markoff was seen on the surveillance tapes at the hotel as coming out calmly from the hotel and walking away nonchalantly. Later the bullet riddled body of Manhattan model and aspiring actress Julissa Brisman was found in the posh hotel room. Plastic handcuffs used on the victim linked the assault with two previous assaults in the same week and the police were able to track down Markoff through the handcuffs.
- Autopsy Scheduled for Philip Markoff, Craigslist Killer - Aug 16, 2010
- Craigslist killer Phillip Markoff found dead in his Boston cell after suspected suicide - Aug 16, 2010
- Cragslist Victim's Family "Cheated" By The Death Of Philip Markoff - Aug 17, 2010
- Julissa Brisman was Handcuffed? - Apr 21, 2009
- Julissa Brisman, model & Internet masseuse shot in hotel - Apr 17, 2009
- Craigslist Suspect's Suspicious Suicide Scenario - Aug 17, 2010
- "Craigslist Killer" Philip Markoff Found Dead In Boston Jail - Aug 16, 2010
- Craigslist Censors Its 'Adult Services' Segment - Sep 06, 2010
- "The Craigslist Killer" Movie Premieres On Lifetime - Jan 04, 2011
- Police: No link found between New Jersey murders and New York serial killer - Apr 14, 2011
- 50,000-pound reward to find Indian student's killer - Dec 31, 2011
- Stockholm hotel slammed over complimentary sex toys in room - Sep 29, 2010
- "Seven Days of Rage": New Book On Philip Markoff Trial - Sep 20, 2009
- Public Outrage Leads Craigslist To Censor Adult Services - Sep 04, 2010
- Megan McAllister is Fiancee of Craigslist Killer - Apr 21, 2009
Tags: aspiring actress, automatic gun, copley place hotel, craigslist, high stakes gambling, julissa, markoff, marriott copley place, marriott copley place hotel, money issues, murder case, plastic handcuffs, police sources, posh hotel, possible motive, professional masseuse, sensual massages, surveillance tapes, violent spree, zip tie