Mohammed Film Protests Sweep Muslim WorldSeptember 15th, 2012 - 1:22 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Yemen, Sept 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) a group of raged people stormed into the American embassy and there heightened anger is as a result of an American film that depicted mockery to prophet Mohamed. This took pave in Yemen where the residents were angered by the American film. In response to the attacks by the mob, America resorted to providing protection to its representatives. This is following the deaths of Chris Stephens an ambassador to Libya as well as three other individuals and this was in Benghazi. This series of attacks went on throughout other six Muslim countries as a result of this film.
There was a person that was involved in the protests who was reported to have been shot by the police officers who arrived at the scene to contain the situation. On another instance, more than two hundred people lost their lives in Cairo in a commotion that broke as police officers were trying to calm protesters who were throwing stones at the American embassy. The previous day the American flag that was raised over the American embassy was set a blaze. This series of protesting continued to be seen in other regions for instance Tunisia, Sudan as well as in Bangladesh.
- French embassies face closure over prophet's cartoon - Sep 20, 2012
- US consulate set ablaze in Libya - Sep 12, 2012
- US on alert as protests over anti-Islam video spread (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- US warns of more violence over anti-Islam video - Sep 14, 2012
- UN's Ban calls for restraint amid Middle East protests and violence - Sep 17, 2012
- UN chief slams `hateful film', calls for calm - Sep 14, 2012
- US envoy to Libya killed in Benghazi (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- US ambassador killed in Libya attack (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Libyan protesters storm US consulate, one personnel killed (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- US envoy to Libya killed in attack over movie (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,