Mistaken ID Jails Pastor With Same Name, Birth-date as Parole ViolatorAugust 30th, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Louisiana pastor was placed under arrest and taken to jail after a series of very unfortunate coincidences occurred which led the police to mistakenly identify him as a parole violator who is wanted in the state of Texas.
The pastor at Eden Worship Center, Gregory Jones was pulled over for speeding and ended up behind bars for over eight hours after being arrested for violating his parole in Texas. The problem was, he is not on parole, and had never been in jail.
Apparently the preacher shared his name as well as his birth date with a man who was wanted in Texas, and since Rev Jones also has a Texas driver’s license, the police officer handcuffed him and took him in to the Shreveport, Louisiana jail.
According to the pastor, the police were very nice to him, and assured him that they were simply checking in to his story after he insisted that they had the wrong man. Rev Gregory Jones was very thankful when a fingerprint check and photograph proved his claims were true.
Caddo Lt Don Gibbs issued an apology and stated that the department was very sorry for any inconvenience to Rev Jones, but that they were committed to being sure that no wanted criminals accidentally go free.
- Mistaken ID Lands Louisiana Pastor In Jail - Aug 30, 2010
- Mistaken ID Causes Local Authority To Jail Pastor - Aug 30, 2010
- Man pushes lit firework up boy's hips, jailed - Aug 29, 2012
- Manu Sharma's parole plea decision Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Oz prisoner escapes as he 'wanted to see his mum' - Aug 25, 2010
- 9/11 Koran burning pastor accused of using supporters as unpaid labour - Sep 09, 2010
- EU court halts extradition of UK terror suspects to US - Jul 08, 2010
- Fugitive Catholic priest arrested in Tamil Nadu - Mar 17, 2012
- Man arrested in England for allegedly burning Koran - Jan 21, 2011
- Dominican pastor booked for molesting 30 kids - Sep 17, 2010
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- US Koran-burning pastor banned from entering UK - Jan 20, 2011
- Shia LaBeouf 'handcuffed by police after bar brawl in LA' - Feb 06, 2011
- Rapper T.I. summoned in court over drug charges - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: apology, birth date, coincidences, eden, eight hours, fingerprint check, gibbs, gregory jones, jails, louisiana jail, parole violator, photograph, police officer, preacher, shreveport louisiana, sorry for any inconvenience, state of texas, wanted criminals, worship center, wrong man