Missing girl from Michigan found safe in Mexico’s CancunFebruary 2nd, 2010 - 12:27 am ICT by BNO News
CANCUN, MEXICO (BNO News) – Sixteen-year-old Amy Vargas from Eastpointe, Michigan who was reported missing Thursday was recovered Monday and now is safe in Mexico, the FBI said.
Amy Vargas traveled to Cancun, Mexico January 23 with her grandmother and great-grandmother. Vacationing at the Great Parnassus Hotel, Amy asked to use the restroom last Thursday but didn’t return.
“Amy Vargas, of Eastpointe, Michigan, was recovered today in Mexico. Vargas has been returned safely to her family,” the FBI said in a statement.
Investigators tried to contact Amy, but her cell phone was apparently turned off. It is unsure where Amy was during her absence although one report states that a manager of the hotel said she had called and reported she was fine.
It is also believed that she had left with and employee of the hotel and two other men.
- Heigl names baby after great-grandmother - May 16, 2012
- Ex `Survivor' producer arraigned in Mexico for wife's murder - Feb 16, 2012
- A dying girl who wants to do 250 things - Sep 03, 2011
- Pak-origin teen girl in US runs away to escape arranged marriage back home - Apr 16, 2011
- Mexico has special place in my heart: Banderas - Feb 03, 2012
- Queen becomes great-grandmother for first time - Dec 31, 2010
- Woman drops pant after rat runs up her trouser - Jun 12, 2012
- Duff observed tradition on wedding day - Aug 20, 2010
- Great-grandmother burnt as toddler sets bed afire - Jun 30, 2010
- Madonna upset over grandmother's death - Mar 13, 2011
- Rifca Stanescu becomes the world's youngest grandmother at 23 - Mar 07, 2011
- Kenward 'Boo' Bernis Arrested For Assaulting a Female - Apr 30, 2010
- Mexican judge in hot water for racy Facebook postings - Jul 27, 2011
- Mexican cop kills three fellow officers, then self - Dec 15, 2010
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,