Missing dog Archie who was lost for 549 days, reunited with familyFebruary 1st, 2011 - 10:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Essex, Feb 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A family was reunited with their lost dog after almost two years.
The dog was found about 100 miles from where the family lived. Incredibly when the police found the dog, then it was healthy and showed no signs of dehydration. The animal seemed to have taken good care of itself because there was no sign of injury as well.
The poodle called, Archie, went missing for 549 days. After all attempts to trace the dog failed, the family gave up hope of ever finding the animal alive.
On the 47th birthday of owner, Julia Moran, the officers who had rescued the animal brought it to the house. Julia later said that it was the best birthday gift that she has ever received.
Julia told reporters later that, “When we heard the news, we thought we were in a dream because when we lost him it was like being in limbo. It is the best birthday present I could ever have.”
The animal was found in Oxford, animal caretakers there tracked the microchip that had been implanted in the animal. It came out that the animal belongs to Julia and her family.
Julia lives with her husband, Chris, and their 19-year-old daughter, Kelly.
- Poodle reunited with owner after 18 months of 'mystery' - Jan 31, 2011
- Stolen dog is found riding a bus - Nov 29, 2011
- Brisbane dog owner finds pooch in Melbourne after nine years! - Jul 30, 2009
- Astonishing bionic enables blind to see - Nov 22, 2011
- Pet dogs in Britain to be microchipped - Apr 24, 2011
- Facebook helps a man find his lost cat - May 11, 2011
- Missing dog returns after five years - Nov 30, 2011
- Oz's first bionic eye a step closer to reality - Apr 01, 2011
- Ranking male baboons recover quickly from injuries - May 23, 2012
- Cat reunited with owner - six years after vanishing! - Apr 10, 2010
- Animal rescue operations begin in Japan - Mar 20, 2011
- Today is National Dog Day! - Aug 26, 2011
- Lost cat found 278 miles from home after a year! - Jan 23, 2011
- Eye operation helps blind Briton to see - May 04, 2012
- 430 dogs to be sold as meat rescued in China - Apr 18, 2011