Missing Body Of A Russian Skydiver Found In A Farm In CaliforniaDecember 6th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A decomposed body of a missing sky diver was found in Southern California, which is supposed to be of a Russian man who has been missing for two months. It is anticipated that the man lost his life due to parachute malfunctioning, which led to a fatal landing on the ground.
The investigators have identified the man as Vladimir Frolov, a 50 year old Russian tourist, who took the risk of making a solo jump from the plane for a sky diving experience on September 25. Since then, he has been missing. His body has been discovered by a Californian farmer, while he was plowing the field. Despite an intensive investigation, the cops could not trace his body. That was because, he took a solo dive and therefore, there were no one else to witness the mishap. Reportedly, the authorities found his rental car and passport in the airport parking lot, almost five days after the mishap. One of his friends from St. Petersburg called the skydiving company, in order to get some more details about his whereabouts. However, even they could not reveal much about Vladimir Frolov. The inspection authorities tried to search for him for several days with the help of ATVs, a helicopter, horses and dogs, but to no avail, until the farmer discovered his body with the two attached parachutes.
It is expected that Vladimir Frolov parachute did not deploy on time or perhaps he could not do it properly. However, there was also a reserve shoot, which could have probably saved his life, but it seems that he was unable to make use of it when it was needed.
- Body of the Russian missing skydiver Vladimir Frolov found in a farm field - Dec 06, 2010
- Body of missing Russian skydiver found - Dec 06, 2010
- Skydiver Felix Baumgartner will attempt to break the sound barrier - Feb 06, 2012
- Skydivers Patrick James McGowan & Christopher David Stasky die in an accident - Apr 01, 2011
- Daring 41 female skydivers set new women's free-fly world record - Nov 29, 2010
- Italian Skydiver Roberta Mancino Jumps Into The Glamor World - Nov 10, 2010
- Russia's floating university traces Gulf Stream - Jul 17, 2012
- Austrian skydiver plans to break sound barrier in free fall (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Ultimate parachute jump: Diver to break sound barrier - Feb 05, 2012
- Russian painter sews lips to protest - Jul 24, 2012
- Man hid aunt's corpse to collect her pension - Jun 16, 2012
- Latest craze at the Games: Therapeutic tape (Olympic diary) - Aug 05, 2012
- Randhawa shoots 67 to be fourth at Selangor Masters - Jul 20, 2011
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Car thief's wife fired from Russian Police - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: airport parking lot, avail, californian, decomposed body, helicopter, intensive investigation, investigators, kar, meena, mishap, parachutes, rental car, russian man, russian tourist, sky diver, skydiver, solo dive, solo jump, st petersburg, vladimir