Missile-Like Object Over California Was Plane Contrail, Pentagon SaysNovember 11th, 2010 - 9:06 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The streaks that was visible over the Californian sky on Monday that nothing but a condensation trail that was left by an aircraft, Pentagon officials have claimed. The picture of the trail in the sky was captured by the camera of a leading news source on Monday and speculations had been ripe since then claiming that it was a missile’s vapor trail. The media was abuzz with reports since the trail was spotted that it had been caused by a missile and the Pentagon’s inability to shed any light into the matter further fueled the speculations later on.
While talking about the nature of the trial that was visible in the sky near Los Angeles, California, Pentagon spokesperson Col David Lapan has revealed to the media that an investigation that was launched into the matter failed to gather any evidence that might suggest that it was caused by anything other than an aeroplane. Col David Lapan also went on to say that it seems unlikely that the trail was left by a missile as over the past few days, the radar system had detected many planes but no rockets. At the same time, experts have hinted that earlier this week that the trail was left by an aircraft while adding that on a clear day, vapor can rise in the vertical direction owing to an optical illusion.
The video of an orange-colored contrail high in the atmosphere was captured off the Southern Californian coast on Monday which was later probed by the Pentagon officials. Defence expert John Pike has emphasized that the trail was an optical illusion and it was clearly an airplane contrail.
- Mystery After Missile Fired Off California - Nov 10, 2010
- Experts Claim "Optical Illusion" in Mystery After Missile Fired Off California - Nov 11, 2010
- Pentagon probing missile firing off California coast - Nov 10, 2010
- Robert Gates Expresses His Endorsement For The Cancellation Of The Potential Burning Of The Koran - Sep 09, 2010
- Jet vapour trails above Britain can block sunshine over 20,000 square miles - Nov 30, 2009
- Taliban Post New Videos, Shows Captured US Soldier Bowe Bergdahl - Dec 09, 2010
- US declines to confirm Ilyas Kashmiri's killing - Jun 07, 2011
- James Mattis named new head U.S. Central Command - Jul 09, 2010
- US sends drone to inspect damaged Japanese nuke plant - Mar 17, 2011
- UFO Sighted Once Again Over Xiaoshan Airport - Jul 16, 2010
- US' 'mother of all' 60 billion dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia - Sep 14, 2010
- Pentagon reviewing leaked classified documents to minimise risks to Afghans - Jul 29, 2010
- US repositioning military forces around Libya for 'any eventuality' - Mar 01, 2011
- New coating process reveals hard-to-develop fingerprints - May 12, 2010
- A 'disappointed' US to keep up defence ties with India - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: aeroplane, airplane contrail, californian coast, condensation trail, expert john, gina gomez, john pike, lapan, leading news source, missile, optical illusion, pentagon officials, pentagon spokesperson, radar system, southern californian, speculations, streaks, time experts, vapor trail, vertical direction