Mike Parry gets a toothy picture of a white sharkNovember 5th, 2011 - 12:54 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Johannesburg, Nov 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Photographer Mike Parry couldn’t believe his luck when he was presented with the right opportunity to snap a rare picture of a great white shark. Parry was with a group of explorers on the waters of Dyer Island in the Cape Province of South Africa when he took the image.
The shark burst from the water just in front of Parry and he seized the opportunity to snap the photo. The animal looked like it was laughing in the resulting image. Parry knew how lucky he got to have such a rare shot.
Speaking about the image, Parry told reporters that, “No one on the boat could believe that I was lucky enough to catch the exact moment. It takes a lot of waiting and patience for that one lucky shot.”
Great white sharks have fearsome reputation. The specie is blamed for most of the shark attacks that occur around the world. Every year, sharks attack dozens of people around the world. Some of the attacks result in fatalities and this has made the animal one of the most feared in the waters. It is believed that humans are to be blamed for most of the attacks.
- Werner Coetzee has a lucky escape from a Great White Shark attack - Dec 24, 2011
- British man loses legs to great white after ignoring warnings - Sep 29, 2011
- Wayne Comben & Graeme Pulle pull in UK's biggest shark - May 30, 2012
- World's first hybrid shark found in Australia - Jan 04, 2012
- Anderson Cooper Dives Into Shark Infested Waters On CBS "60 Minutes" - Jun 07, 2010
- Jeremy Wade catches the elusive crocodile eating tiger fish - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Dinosaur-sized' shark eats tourist in Cape Town - Jan 14, 2010
- Santa Barbara Beaches Closed After Lucas Ransom's Death - Oct 25, 2010
- New research may help you avoid shark attacks - May 27, 2010
- Deadly toxins in shark fin soup linked to Alzheimer's - Feb 24, 2012
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Halle Berry Bold and Daring To Fight Off Sharks - Aug 03, 2010
- Officials Restrict Chatham Beach Visits After White Shark Is Tagged - Aug 02, 2010
- Tourist dies in an Egyptian shark attack - Dec 06, 2010
- Panther dies of thirst in Rajasthan heat - May 30, 2012
Tags: burst, cape province, dozens, dyer island, exact moment, explorers, fearsome reputation, great white shark, great white sharks, johannesburg, mike parry, news photographer, patience, photo, province of south africa, shark attacks, sharks attack, specie, white shark, white sharks