Michigan man stabs Chrysler Group co-worker to death before killing selfSeptember 22nd, 2012 - 9:22 pm ICT by BNO News
DETROIT, MICHIGAN (BNO NEWS) — A Michigan man killed a Chrysler factory co-worker in the before reportedly killing himself, local authorities said Thursday.
The incident occurred at shortly before 8 a.m. local time at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan, operated by Chrysler Group LLC, when the man violently attacked a co-worker with a knife.
Reports indicate that the man stabbed the victim in the face, neck and chest, slitting his throat before he later died at the St. John Hospital where he had been taken.
Detroit Police confirmed the incident, adding that the attacker was later found dead on Belle Isle inside a vehicle from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
In a statement, Chrysler Group confirmed that “two employees were involved in an altercation inside the plant. One employee was stabbed and unfortunately pronounced dead at the scene.”
“Chrysler Group is deeply saddened by events that occurred at its Jefferson North Assembly Plant this morning,” the motor company said, adding that its production had been suspended during the morning as the Detroit Police Department carries out investigations.
- President Obama to visit Chrysler and General Motors plants in Detroit and Chicago - Jul 24, 2010
- Chrysler repays $7.6 bn to US, Canada - May 25, 2011
- Chrysler repays $5.1 billion in TARP loans - May 25, 2011
- Chrysler sales jump - Mar 02, 2012
- Clint Eastwood sizzles in SuperBowl's Chrysler ad - Feb 07, 2012
- Chrysler plant in Mexico to build Fiat subcompact - Mar 09, 2011
- Explosion In Kleen Energy Systems, Middletown Claims Lives - Feb 08, 2010
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- Chinese steel plant accident toll rises to 12 - Oct 06, 2011
- New Book Chrysler's Turbine Car Says Bureaucracy Killed American Triumph - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,