Michelle Obama’s Hawaii wardrobe creates a controversyJanuary 2nd, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Jan 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US First couple is drawing a lot of flak for their 17-day Hawaiian vacation, which is speculated to cost more than $3 million. And that is not all, as the First Lady Michelle Obama is also under the lens for her expensive taste in clothes.
Even though Michelle Obama tries to put herself at par with the average US citizen and tries to project herself as a champion of the poor, yet her expensive taste in clothes speaks otherwise.
The Obamas attended the Christmas Day church service during their holiday at the Kaneohe Bay Marine Base and Michelle Obama choose to dress in a white sundress by designer Sophie Theallet. It was also reported that the First Lady had bought that dress 2 years back and even then its price tag was in the vicinity of $2000.
Later she was also spotted in a printed green skirt that was said to be by the designer label Comme des Garcons and it was said to cost around $1000.
People aren’t happy with the confusing signals that Michelle Obama is sending across with her expensive dresses and her projected image as a bargain shopper.
- Michelle Obama enjoys her day out at White House State banquet - Nov 25, 2009
- Bring Michelle Obama home with designer pillow covers! - Nov 04, 2010
- Wear Indian outfits, more colours: Designers urge Michelle - Nov 07, 2010
- Dannii Minogue wants to design for Adele - Mar 27, 2012
- Michelle Obama sports a $6,800 jacket - Jul 30, 2012
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama's wardrobe advisor to be honoured - Feb 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama is a practical dresser - Feb 12, 2011
- Jason Wu – Whom Did Michelle Obama Wear At The Inauguration Ball? - Dec 21, 2010
- Victoria Beckham wants to dress Jolie, Michelle Obama - Dec 08, 2010
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama Is The Motivation Behind Oprah Winfrey Becoming A J. Crew Investor - Apr 26, 2010
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey Spills Her Secret Regarding J. Crew - Apr 26, 2010
- US forges connect with India through green crafts - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: bargain shopper, champion, christmas day, citizen, clothes, confusing signals, controversy, dresses, first lady, flak, green skirt, hawaiian vacation, kaneohe bay marine base, michelle obama, price tag, sophie, vicinity, wardrobe, washington dc, white sundress