Mexico’s Mayan region begin their apocalypse countdownDecember 21st, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mexico City, Dec 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Mexican region of Mayan has started the countdown to the end of the world. The Mayan believe which is shared by many is based on the belief that the doomsday will take place a year from today (the 21st of December 2011). Based on the Mayan theory, doomsday theorists say the much talked-about apocalypse will take place on the 21st of December 2012.
In anticipation of the day, the cities and towns in the Mexican region of Mayan has started a yearlong countdown. They plan to have celebrations and other ventures in anticipation of the end of the world. This is ironic because many doomsday theorists paint a picture of gloom on the day.
In anticipation to the upcoming day, Mexican officials say they expect more visitors to come into the country in the upcoming. They estimate that about 52 million will come into the country in the upcoming year.
Some historians believe that the 2012 doomsday theory is misplaced. A spokesperson Caribbean state of Quintana Roo told reporters that, “The world will not end. It is an era… For us, it is a message of hope.”
A 2.5 meter giant clock has been erected at the main park in the city of Tapachula to mark the countdown.
- "Extreme Survival" Features On Sci-fi - Nov 09, 2009
- Will the world end Dec 21? - Jun 30, 2012
- Hotels get booked for end of Mayan era events - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Oldest Mayan calendar offers no hint of world's end' - May 11, 2012
- 'Mayan texts doesn't predict end of world in 2012' - Jul 08, 2010
- Mayan doomsday prophecy not true: British expert - Dec 02, 2011
- Nobel laureate trashes 2012 Doomsday prediction - Jan 04, 2010
- Oldest-known Mayan calendar found - May 11, 2012
- World will not end in 2012, says NASA - Nov 10, 2009
- World's expiry date: 21 December 2012? - Sep 25, 2009
- 'Mayan text on world's end is about political history' - Jun 29, 2012
- 'World will not end in 2012', insists Mayan elder - Oct 12, 2009
- Track record of ancient apocalyptic prophecies quashes gravity of 2012 prediction - Nov 07, 2009
- 2012 world doomsday prophecy sparks off "end times" anxiety - Nov 11, 2009
- History Channel Aired The Show "Apocalypse Island" On Sunday - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: 21st of december, anticipation, apocalypse, belief that, caribbean state, celebrations, cities and towns, countdown to the end of the world, doomsday theory, giant clock, gloom, historians, mayan region, message of hope, mexican officials, mexico city, quintana roo, spokesperson, tapachula, theorists