Mexico’s Army seizes huge drug-cartel weapons cacheMay 12th, 2010 - 5:18 am ICT by BNO News
MONTERREY, MEXICO (BNO NEWS) — The Mexican Army on Tuesday seized a huge drug-cartel weapons cache in the northern state of Nuevo Leon, local media reported.
The cache of 130 assault rifles, machine guns, grenades, grenade launchers, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a rocket launcher was seized at a ranch in Higueras, northwest of Monterrey, the El Norte newspaper reported.
When the military arrived, a gunfight ensued and one gunman was killed, the newspaper added quoting military sources.
An unknown number of gunmen escaped leaving the weapons cache and at least 12 SUVs containing military and police accessories.
- Mexican army kills eight in shootout - Feb 19, 2011
- Two dead after clashes between soldiers and gunmen in central Mexico - Feb 25, 2011
- Zetas leader shot down in northern Mexico - Jan 25, 2011
- Gunmen free 23 inmates at Mexican detention centre - Dec 06, 2009
- 10 die in attack on Mexican bar - Aug 15, 2012
- 6 policemen kidnapped in Mexican city - Mar 12, 2011
- Six gunmen killed in clash in Mexico - Mar 27, 2010
- Army finds mass graves in Mexico - Jul 16, 2010
- 49 mutilated bodies found on Mexican highway (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 17 killed in Mexico violence - Feb 19, 2011
- Former lawmaker's body found in Mexico - Sep 13, 2012
- Five shot dead at disco in Mexican city - Apr 16, 2012
- 25 killed in Mexico clash - Sep 03, 2010
- Students killed in shootout in northern Mexico - Mar 21, 2010
- 20 dead in Mexico bar attack - Jul 09, 2011
Tags: assault rifles, bno, drug cartel, el norte, grenade launchers, grenades, gunfight, gunman, gunmen, higueras, local media, machine guns, mexican army, military sources, monterrey mexico, nuevo leon, police accessories, rocket launcher, unknown number, weapons cache