Mexico Border Gunmen Kill 8 OfficersSeptember 20th, 2010 - 9:02 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez,
Sep 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The situation in Mexico due to gang wars is deteriorating rapidly. A group of police officers were ambushed by 30 to 40 men in the Mexican state of Guerrero. The officers were in the area looking for a murder suspect on Friday in El Revelado, near the border of Mexico state. It was then that the ambush took place which resulted in the death of two officers while seven others went missing. Their bodies were found on Saturday 16 kilometers away from the place of the ambush. Only one wounded officer is alive while the rest six are dead. The name of the officer who survived is not being disclosed on safety grounds. Many drug cartels have been fighting in order to seek control over the area where the officers were killed.
The gang wars are happening since December 2006 when the President Felipe Calderon declared war on Mexico cartels after taking office. The Drug cartels have wreaked havoc and have no care for who gets killed. 28,000 people are reported to have died till now and last year about 7,724 people were killed. Even the newspapers are afraid of writing about the war and killing as the journalist often become the target.
The bodies included the the group chief Commander Enrique Figueroa Abundes. The area has turned into a war zone as the Gulf cartel and Zeta gang fight over it. A message was sent with the first two bodies discovered promising a similar fate to anyone who would support Hector Beltran Leyva and suspected trafficker Reynaldo Pineda Chavez. The message said that the state had an owner and they should know who it is.
- Mexican authorites capture drug lord Sergio Villarreal Barragan "el Grande" - Sep 13, 2010
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Four bullet-riddled bodies found in Mexico - Aug 09, 2010
- Mexican gunman accused of over 100 killings arrested - Dec 21, 2009
- Two dismembered bodies found outside Mexican bar - Dec 28, 2010
- Four Bodies Found Decapitated And Hung From Bridge In Mexico: Edgar Valdez's Name Emerges - Aug 23, 2010
- Nine charred bodies found in Mexico - Nov 24, 2011
- 12 killed in Mexico drug violence - Oct 03, 2011
- Mexico Navy arrests suspected drug kingpin - Sep 13, 2010
- Mexican federal police arrest drug kingpin Edgar Valdez Villareal - Aug 31, 2010
- First woman joins Mexican navy's special forces - Dec 12, 2011
- Over 2,000 killed in Mexican border city in 2010 - Sep 02, 2010
- Mexican Police Captures Drug Kingpin Edgar "La Barbie" Valdez Villarreal - Aug 31, 2010
- 24 killed in Mexico violence - Jan 09, 2011
- Severed head left at tomb of Mexican drug lord - Jan 19, 2010
Tags: beltran, border of mexico, chief commander, drug cartels, figueroa, gang fight, gang wars, gina gomez, group chief, gulf cartel, leyva, mexico border, mexico state, murder suspect, pineda, president felipe calderon, safety grounds, target, trafficker, war zone