Mexican police seize 20 kilos (44 pounds) of plastic explosives in Mexico CityJune 9th, 2010 - 9:07 pm ICT by BNO News
MEXICO CITY (BNO NEWS) — The Mexican Navy raided a property in central Mexico City on Wednesday, seizing over 20 kilos (44 pounds) of C-4 explosives and arresting four people, local media reported.
The raid started at 2.00 a.m. local time (3:00 a.m. EST) in the Roma Norte neighborhood when 60 marines raided a home in Merida street, between Puebla and Chapultepec streets.
The Roma Norte neighborhood, a Mexico City emblematic area, is located on one side of the city’s busy Insurgentes avenue.
Further details were not immediately available.
- Cops arrested during probe into murders of Mexican governor's security personnel - Jun 17, 2011
- Mexican protests block TV studios amidst election scandal - Jul 29, 2012
- Zetas leader shot down in northern Mexico - Jan 25, 2011
- Explosions strike 2 Mexico City banks - May 23, 2011
- Mexican authorites capture drug lord Sergio Villarreal Barragan "el Grande" - Sep 13, 2010
- Kidnapped mayor found dead in Mexico's drug-plagued north - Aug 18, 2010
- Strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake strikes southern Mexico, felt in Mexico City - Jun 30, 2010
- At least 20 bodies found in vehicles in western Mexico - Nov 25, 2011
- At least 5 dead after drug-related clashes in northern Mexico - Oct 15, 2010
- Strong aftershock shakes southwestern Mexico, no casualties - Apr 03, 2012
- At least eight killed in attack on bar in northern Mexico - May 16, 2010
- Top drug lord Ignacio 'Nacho' Coronel killed by Mexican army - Jul 31, 2010
- Parcel bomb addressed to the Mexican embassy explodes in Athens - Nov 01, 2010
- Six drug traffickers killed in Mexico - Jun 26, 2010
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012