Mexican Pirates Shoots An U.S. Man On Falcon Lake, Body Still MissingOctober 2nd, 2010 - 6:50 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
ZAPATA, Oct 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It came as a bolt from the blue for David Michael Hartley and Tiffany Hartley when they were attacked by the Mexican bandits during their vacation. Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said that David Michael Hartley and Tiffany Hartley were riding in their personal water-boats from Mexico towards Texas when about six gunman suddenly came on two boats and attacked them. The Zapata County Sheriff said that the bandits shot David Michael Hartley and his body fell on the Falcon Lake. The U.S. and Mexican authorities are presently searching for his body.
The law enforcement officials are speculating that the Mexican bandits have probably pulled the body of the victim from the falcon lake or may have let him sink into the water so that no evidence remains. The police could not report if the Colorado man is alive but Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said that the victim’s wife fears that he is dead. The police believes that David Michael Hartley was shot on the back of his head on Falcon Lake. The Sheriff reported that Tiffany Hartley was not hurt in the whole shooting. However, the wife of 30 year old man reportedly said that she tried to go back and pull her husband from water but she could not go back as the gunmen were still firing at her.
The Falcon Lake shooting has once again made it obvious about the presence of Falcon Lake bandits. The bandits, however, reportedly followed Tiffany Hartley beyond the U.S. boundary and the Sheriff said that the pirates acted “boldly” in doing so. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department spokesman Mike Cox said that the state will issue an advisory on Friday and alert the boaters to stay on the American border’s side and not cross the line for their own safety.
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- U.S. and Mexico offer $5.8 million reward for information regarding shootings of 2 ICE agents - Mar 31, 2011
- Joke On Boat Leads Four Men To Their Deaths - Aug 11, 2010
- Heavy rains, flooding batter Mexico - Oct 14, 2011
- Shooting Incident At State Park - Jul 19, 2010
- New debris of NASA's Space Shuttle Columbia found in Texas - Aug 03, 2011
- Joke On Boat Takes Away Four Lives In Idaho - Aug 11, 2010
- 13 killed as boat capsizes in Tamil Nadu lake - Dec 25, 2011
- Toll in Tamil Nadu boat accident rises to 15 (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Missing Body Found By Caretaker Couple Of Cabin By The Lake - Oct 31, 2009
- Hippo kills man in Burundi - Aug 13, 2012
- Two dead after small plane crashes in the Atlantic Ocean off Florida - May 16, 2010
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- Six feared dead after small plane crashes into the Arizona mountains - Nov 24, 2011
- Small medical plane carrying five people crashes in Lake Michigan - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: american border, bolt from the blue, colorado man, county sheriff, department spokesman, falcon lake, gina gomez, gunman, gunmen, law enforcement officials, mexican authorities, mexican bandits, michael hartley, mike cox, personal water, two boats, water boats, wife fears, wildlife department, zapata county