Mexican drug lord’s wife reportedly arrested in the country’s westMay 14th, 2010 - 4:53 am ICT by BNO News
CULIACAN, MEXICO (BNO NEWS) — The wife of a Mexican billionaire drug lord was arrested on Wednesday during a raid in the western state of Sinaloa, local media reported on Thursday.
Griselda Lopez Perez, wife of Joaquin “Shorty” Guzman Loera, was taken into custody by the Mexican Army and the Federal Police in the Sinaloa state capital of Culiacan, the Rio Doce newspaper reported on its website.
Federal authorities did not confirm or deny the report.
According to Rio Doce, a daughter and two sisters-in-law were also arrested.
Guzman Loera is considered to be the country’s most wanted criminal; the U.S. government is offering a $5 million reward for his capture.
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican Supreme Court official held for links to drug cartel - Aug 13, 2012
- Five slain at Mexican hospital - Mar 03, 2012
- Mexican drug lord will meet Osama's fate: US - Feb 28, 2012
- Gunmen kill seven in Mexican town - Mar 24, 2011
- Mexican president says he received death threat - Aug 21, 2012
- Mexican Drug lord's wife gives birth to twin babies - Sep 27, 2011
- Nine charred bodies found in Mexico - Nov 24, 2011
- Kidnapped Mexican journalist found dead - Aug 26, 2011
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Four shot dead in Mexican bar's parking lot - Mar 09, 2011
- Mexico arrests drug trafficker wanted for 1,500 murders - Aug 01, 2011
- Fourteen dismembered bodies found in truck in Mexico - Jun 08, 2012
- 121 Bodies recovered from mass graves in Mexican state - May 06, 2011
- Mexican journalist kidnapped - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: 5 million, bno, culiacan mexico, drug lord, federal authorities, federal police, griselda, joaquin shorty guzman, local media, loera, lopez perez, mexican army, mexican billionaire, rio doce, shorty, sinaloa state, two sisters