Mesac Damas, wanted in the murder of his wife & 5 children heldSeptember 22nd, 2009 - 2:53 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Haiti, Sep 21 (THAINDIAN News) Mesac Damas wanted in connection with the murder of his wife and 5 children have been apprehended in Haiti.
Collier County sheriff’s officials are trying to confirm that a person of interest ‘Mesac Damas’ is in custody at a police station near the Port-au-Prince airport on Monday afternoon.
Damas’ wife and their five children, ages 9 years to 11 months, were found murdered on Saturday inside their apartment in Naples, Florida, by the police on a tip-off by Damas sister-in-law.
Collier County sheriff’s officials in Florida say Damas boarded a flight to Haiti from Miami International Airport on Friday.
Collier County Clerk of Court records show a history of domestic violence charges against Mesac Damas involving his wife Guerline Damas and some of her children. Records show there also was a charge filed against Guerline, with her husband listed as the victim, but it was later dropped.
Mesac’s sister-in-law said that her sister (Mesac’s wife) has a very tumultuous personal life. Mesac was physically violent, as well as controlling. Guerline was often urged by her relatives to leave Mesac but she didn’t pay then enough heed. They had been married for 10 years.
- Mesac Dama's wife and 5 children killed in Florida - Sep 20, 2009
- Family found dead inside Florida home - Sep 20, 2009
- Trayvon Martin shooter released on $150,000 bond - Apr 24, 2012
- US police probing murder-suicide by ex-Indian army major - Jun 11, 2012
- Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-law - Feb 01, 2011
- Trayvon Martin shooter turns himself in after bond revoked - Jun 05, 2012
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Florida Man Becomes Outraged After Buying Drinks for Men in Drag - Feb 15, 2011
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Pregnant woman dies after drinking vinegar - May 22, 2012
- US girl made to 'run to death' over candy bar - Feb 24, 2012
- Man charged after losing hand to alligator - Jul 30, 2012
- Painter gets three year's jail for hurting wife - Jul 24, 2011
- U.S. police re-open investigation into 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: 10 years, apartment, clerk of court, collier county clerk, collier county clerk of court, collier county sheriff, court records, damas, domestic violence charges, haiti, history of domestic violence, miami international airport, monday afternoon, naples florida, personal life, police station, port au prince, port au prince airport, relatives, sister in law