Mercedes issues recall for its latest diesel modelOctober 18th, 2011 - 8:05 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Auto maker Mercedes has issued a recall for thousands of its latest diesel vehicles over concerns that they can catch fire. The company explained that problems with the fuel system of the vehicles can lead to leak which might eventually result in fire.
The recall affects selected models of the company which were made in 2011 and 2012. All the vehicles are equipped with the 3.5L V6 BlueTec turbo diesel engine but it is feared that the technology might to prone to leakage. The company says less than 1 percent of the recalled vehicles have what can be described as a realistic prospect of catching fire.
Mercedes announced that all E-Class models of the company which were manufactured between July 2010 and January 2011 are affected by the recall. M-Class models of the company which were manufactured between January 2010 and March 2011 are also among the brands being recalled. GL-Class models made between March 2010 and March 2011 are also being recalled by the German auto manufacturing giant. All R-Class vehicles which were also manufactured between April 2010 and April 2011 are also affected by the recall. The last batch of models is the 2012 Sedans.
In all, Mercedes is recalling a total of 6,872. The recall which was announced in collaboration with the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration affects only vehicles sold on the US market.
- Mercedes-Benz India notches 80 percent growth - Jan 10, 2011
- Mercedes launches crossover car R-Class - Oct 07, 2010
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 127 cars in China - Aug 14, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz recalls over 100,000 vehicles - Oct 12, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz launches new M-Class in India - May 15, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Mercedes launches the new M-Class - Jan 05, 2012
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 136,000 cars in US - Apr 06, 2011
- Ford India recalls over 1.28 lakh cars for faulty components - Aug 13, 2012
- Biggest Mercedes-Benz deal in a day in Aurangabad - Oct 15, 2010
- Mercedes Benz India clocks 79 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,