Memorial Day crock pot recipesMay 28th, 2012 - 7:11 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Antonio, May 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) With the arrival of the Memorial Day holiday, marking the start of summer, the picnic and grilling season starts and food poisoning cases increase in a very significant way. Most of the cases are due to causes that can easily be prevented.
Food poisoning symptoms can include severe diarrhea, fever, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Uncooked meat products are the main cause of food poisoning during Memorial Day.
A number of crock pot recipes can enable Americans to eat meat without being poisoned.
Nevertheless, the Animal rights organisation PETA, prior to the start of the national barbeque season marked by Memoral Day had several of its members protesting against the meat industry.
They were stationed in San Antonio to raise awareness on their campaigns and try to inculcate that the Factory-farmed animal meat included in crackpot recipes is made out of flesh, blood, and bone, and the animals suffer pain, just as we do.
A number of vegetarian recipes are suggested in PETA’s website, including vegan burgers and vegetarian crockpot recipes.
If not refrigerated, potato salads and other food products can cause food poisoning. Over last year’s Memorial Day, the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) covered 6,917 food poisons incidents – 200 more than the previous year. Every year, the cost of food poisoning cases for the BCBSTX was over $11 million ($3 million more than the previous year).
- Postal stamp sought to honour India's vegetarian heritage - Sep 28, 2011
- Make Tihar Jail meat-free zone: PETA India - Nov 22, 2011
- Macca appeals for meat-free day in India - Jan 05, 2011
- It pays to go veg - Aug 30, 2012
- Shahid voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian man - Jul 01, 2011
- Amrita Rao, a proud vegetarian - Jul 14, 2011
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Go vegetarian, it's healthier: Poorna - Jul 10, 2012
- Go vegetarian, urges Veena Malik - Oct 06, 2011
- Symptoms Of Salmonella Being Scrupulously Studied By Anxious Citizens Of America - Aug 19, 2010
- PETA's 'open offer' to model who wants to bare all - Apr 01, 2011
- Avoid keeping meat in fridge: Pakistani expert - Nov 13, 2011
- PETA wants a cow memorial in Illinois - Jan 04, 2012
- At last a veg cutlet that tastes, feels like meat - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: abdominal pain, animal meat, barbeque season, bcbstx, blood and bone, blue cross blue shield, blue cross blue shield of texas, blue shield of texas, cost of food, crackpot recipes, crock pot recipes, diarrhea fever, flesh blood and bone, food poisoning symptoms, meat industry, meat products, national barbeque, potato salads, vegetarian crockpot recipes, vegetarian recipes