Mega-Millions Jackpot Winner Jim McCullar Gets Financial AdviceJanuary 8th, 2011 - 3:59 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Washington has a new millionaire. Washington state, that is. Jim McCullar recently won the Mega-Millions jackpot of one hundred and ninety million dollars, and is already receiving financial advice from a few sources.
One of the first pieces of advice which was offered to Jim was to “act slowly.” He has already admitted to “feeling the hawks circling” as soon as his winnings were made public. According to Scott Smallman, who is a financial adviser in Seattle, Washington, Jim will be hounded with solicitations from all over the place, and will need his own panel of advisors.
“You’re not going to need just one. You’re going to need a team. You’re going to need the best attorneys you can find. You’re going need the best accountants you can find and the best financial professionals that you can find. One person is not going to be able to do it all for you.”
There are many ways which Jim could spend that extra cash. “I’m sure that to the extent that he has relatives, that he’ll make some of those kinds of gifts. The other thing that he could do of course is set it up so that he pays for all of his grandkids and great grandkids educations. There are things he could do that way,” stated Smallman.
But Jim was already thinking along those same lines. At a press conference he exclaimed, “The legacy is going to go generation, after generation, after generation. My kids, my grandkids, my great grandkids, and their children also will never have to worry, because we’re not going to blow this!”
- Second-largest lottery jackpot in history shared by woman, couple in US - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Obama for investment in education, innovation to beat India, China - Mar 01, 2011
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Aguilera gets best sex advice from gay friends - Sep 10, 2010
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
- Working for change in UP: A lot can be done (Comment, With Image) - Feb 09, 2012
- Mega millions jackpot split into two winners - Jan 05, 2011
- Mel C's parenting tip - Sep 20, 2011
- Carrey hates homophobic bullies - Dec 27, 2010
- Citing rising India, China, Obama seeks balanced deficit cuts - Apr 22, 2011
- Facebook really can lead to divorce - Mar 01, 2011
- How criminals use Facebook to commit crime - Dec 20, 2010
- Inflation? What's that, asks KBC's only woman crorepati - Nov 08, 2011
- Keep your jewellery sparkling through monsoon - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: accountants, attorneys, educations, extra cash, financial advice, financial adviser, financial professionals, grandkids, hawks, jan 7, mccullar, mega millions jackpot winner, million dollars, millionaire, one hundred and ninety, relatives, seattle washington, smallman, solicitations, washington state