McDonald’s to give free fruit with every Happy MealJuly 27th, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) McDonald’s has announced that they will start giving fruits for every Happy Meal purchased from April of 2012. The famous eatery has been criticized for years for serving unhealthy food to children.
Over the years, McDonald’s have given free toy to children who patronized their food. For thirty years that the company engaged in that campaign, it proved to be a huge success. The company came under fire for tricking children to eat junk food by enticing them with toys. After a lot of pressure from health-conscious organizations, McDonald’s has given in.
At the beginning of the year, a total of about 550 US health officials added their voice for McDonald’s to stop its toy giveaway campaign.
McDonald’s say the new move will affect all 14,000 outlets in the United States. McDonald’s also announced that they will reduce the amount of calories in their fries. UK McDonald’s announced that it is possible they will copy the move.
A spokesperson of McDonald’s UK announced that, “Looking ahead we will learn from the moves made by our business in the U.S. and continue to listen to our own customers to inform any future changes that we may make.”
- McDonald's fined in Brazil for including toys in kids' meals - Dec 07, 2011
- McDonalds ad in Philippines pulled over - Apr 15, 2011
- Wendy's To Sell New "Natural" Fries With Potato Skins and Sea Salt - Nov 11, 2010
- Whole Kids foundation to focus on childhood health - Jul 28, 2011
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- San Francisco Approves Happy Meal Fast Food Toy Ban - Nov 06, 2010
- California County Officials To Ban Happy Meal Toys - May 01, 2010
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- Addicts cut down on junk food after calorie labelling - Jul 27, 2011
- Happy Meal Lawsuit: Is McDonald's 'Toying Around' With Kid's Health? - Jun 24, 2010
- Happy Meal Toys To Face Ban - May 01, 2010
- Brit docs call for 'fat taxes' on unhealthy food - Jul 11, 2010
- McDonald's to face a lawsuit over the Happy Meal toys - Jun 23, 2010
- McDonald's angers health experts with burger, fries toy set - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Junk food firm, slimming group' tie-ups 'cashing in on obesity epidemic' - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: amount of calories, conscious organizations, free fruit, free toy, fries, fruits, happy meal, health officials, junk food, mcdonald, spokesperson, thirty years, toy giveaway, toys, unhealthy food, united states