Matthew Garcia Recall His Pal’s DemiseOctober 25th, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Matthew Garcia, the companion and friend of Lucas Ransom, recalls the painful memory of his friend’s demise in the beaches of Santa Barbara, as Lucas Ransom was in a playful mood, while enjoying a bodyboard ride, without having the slightest clue about what is in store for him right at the next moment. His death due to shark attack is probably an old news now, but the pain still lingers in the mind of his loved ones.
Matthew Garcia, 20, says that all of a sudden he heard the voice of his friend, who screamed for help, “Help Me Dude”. Matthew Garcia feels that probably Lucas Ransom had an idea about what was going on and was in full senses. The could also get a glimpse of the shark, as it was rushing towards his friend, but it took no time to bite off a part of his left feet leaving the mark of a large red wave amidst the blue ocean. Now the bodyboarder was in a pool of blood, when Matthew Garcia wanted to swim to the water. But then he saw his friend floating on the water. When he was brought to the shore of the Surf Beach, Matthew Garcia says that his was lifeless and dead weight. He tried to rub his chest for a rescue breathing, but to no avail.
Soon the Officials from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Department announced that Lucas Ransom is dead, as he was left with several deep wounds on his legs. later on the sheriffs said that the body boarder on which he was riding, also had a foot-wide bite mark in it. Cadence Ransom, his mother, still cannot forget his last word, “My Sweetest heart”.
- Matthew Garcia Hears Plea For Help But Fails To Save Friend's Life - Oct 25, 2010
- Santa Barbara Beaches Closed After Lucas Ransom's Death - Oct 25, 2010
- Lucas Ransom's Mother Remembers Her Dead Son - Oct 23, 2010
- Boy Killed In Shark Attack At Santa Barbara - Oct 23, 2010
- Shark kills surfer at Australian beach - Sep 04, 2011
- Surfer falls into shark jaws - Mar 22, 2012
- Dog bites shark in Australia - Jul 22, 2011
- Surfer Stephen King has a lucky escape from shark attack - Dec 12, 2011
- George Lucas to make a movie with dead stars - Dec 07, 2010
- Australian woman sets solo ocean swim record - Jun 15, 2011
- New Zealand girl, 14, beats off shark attack - Feb 02, 2010
- Tattoo solves seven-year-old murder case - Apr 23, 2011
- Hemsworth loves risking life - Aug 03, 2012
- Sick Of It All Concert Relocates To House - Jul 28, 2010
- Douglas to be honoured with award for film excellence - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,