Mass Departure Of The Frogs A Precursor To The Earthquake In Greece?May 31st, 2010 - 9:47 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
May 31, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): A huge amount of frogs compelled the shutting down of a crucial highway in northern Greece. They constituted a mass exodus while departing from a nearby lake in Thessaloniki. Authorities had to shut the highway after the story of three cars sliding on the road though no one was wounded.
Giorgos Thanoglou, the Thessaloniki traffic police boss, has declared that there were in excess of a million frogs on the highway, which remained stopped for two hours before they could empty it.
The query that everyone was asking was what compelled these amphibians to come out of the lake in such massive numbers. Many are conjecturing that it was a forewarning to the people, who just after 72 hours, suffered an immense earthquake measuring 6.5 on Richter scale. It was the first deadly earthquake since 1999 in Greece. The last devastation liquidated 143 people and left more than thousands destitute.
The earthquake that took place on Sunday exterminated two people only but the inhabitants of the region close to the epicenter are still terrified.
Mass exodus of frogs prior to an earthquake had earlier been mentioned in countries like China and America. People have also declared their pets to be missing or to be acting bizarrely in the days leading up to a lethal earthquake.
- Flood of frogs closes down a highway in Greece - May 27, 2010
- Frogs Flood Greece, Precursor To a Major Earthquake? - May 27, 2010
- Unusual Movement Of Frogs Lead To Fears Of Earthquake In Greece - May 31, 2010
- Is the 'Flood of frogs' a warning about an earthquake in Greece? - May 31, 2010
- Frogs invade Greek highway, paralyse traffic - May 26, 2010
- 43 hurt as quake shakes Bali - Oct 13, 2011
- 6.3 magnitude quake rocks Kashmir - Jul 12, 2012
- Second temblor rocks Indonesia - Apr 11, 2012
- New frog species found in New York - Mar 18, 2012
- Strong earthquake strikes off Mexico's Pacific coast, no damage - May 02, 2012
- Two strong earthquakes shake Mexican desert in Baja California - Apr 12, 2012
- Greece announces Euro 2012 squad - May 30, 2012
- Southern California Rattled By 5.4 Earthquake On July 7, 2010 - Jul 08, 2010
- European Commission takes Greece to court for lake pollution - Jan 28, 2011
- Disaster management operations on: Japan PM - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: amphibians, authorities, boss, deadly earthquake, devastation, earthquake in greece, epicenter, forewarning, frogs, inhabitants, mass departure, mass exodus, massive numbers, men at work, nearby lake, northern greece, pen men, precursor, richter scale, traffic police