Mary Kay Ash’s pink mansion up for saleFebruary 20th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Dallas, Feb 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Late cosmetic mogul Mary Kay Ash’s mansion in Dallas has been re-listed on the market. The pink mansion was initially listed on the market for $5.7 million but that amount has reduced to the current price of $3.3 million.
Ash passed away last year at the age of 83 years. The mansion was built in 1984 but Ash never lived in it since the 1990s. The house has six bedrooms with eight bathrooms. The property is located on a 11,874-square-foot land in Dallas.
The story of Ash has fascinated women all over the world. In 1963, Ash founded the Mary Kay Cosmetics with just $5,000 investment. Over the period, her company grew to become one of the biggest in the world worth billions of dollars. At the time of her death, Ash’s company had more than 800,000 salespeople around the world. The company’s annual total sales exceeded $2 billion at the various shops.
Ash received several honors during her lifetime. She wrote three books and spoke to several women. She was famous for her love for the pink color and always used her pink Cadillac for her rounds. She gave a version of the vehicle to her outstanding salespeople as incentive each year.
- Whitney's New Jersey mansion might be sold off soon - Feb 16, 2012
- China to allow non-animal test for cosmetics - May 10, 2012
- Dallas man gifts mansion to 16 years old daughter - Jan 05, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg buys a new mansion - May 06, 2011
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- Britney sells home at loss - Mar 10, 2012
- Evelyn Lauder dies at the age of 75 years - Nov 14, 2011
- Rihanna sells her Beverly Hills mansion at a loss - Feb 06, 2012
- Life comes a full circle for Mary Kom (Profile) - Aug 08, 2012
- Why pink is Liz Hurley's favourite colour - Oct 12, 2010
- Wahlberg cuts down price of his house - Sep 15, 2011
- Cosmetic company drops 'sexy' Rihanna - Aug 08, 2012
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
- Chinese youth turn metrosexual - Nov 20, 2011
- Joan Smalls is the new face of Estee Lauder - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: 1990s, bathrooms, bedrooms, billions of dollars, cadillac, dallas feb, lifetime, love, mary kay ash, mary kay cosmetics, mogul, pink cadillac, pink color, pink mansion, salespeople, three books, worth billions