Man robbed at gas station in New York, suspect still at largeMay 3rd, 2009 - 7:44 pm ICT by admin
Hempstead, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) – An 18-year-old male was robbed Saturday while pumping gas at a gas station in Hempstead, New York.
According to officials at the Nassau County police department, the suspect solicited the victim for money and the victim refused. The suspect became aggressive and argumentative resulting in the victim giving the suspect an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then fled in a Blue Chevy, and traveled eastbound on the Hempstead Turnpike. The victim was unharmed during the events of the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white male between the ages of 35 and 45 years old, he is approximately 5′7″ and 180lbs. He was reported to be wearing a white tank-top and blue sweat pants at the time of the robbery. Anyone who has information regarding the robbery or the suspect’s whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers’ identities will remain anonymous.
- Male suspect sought after Elmont, NY deli robbed - Dec 29, 2009
- Man shot in leg in Hempstead, NY left to stagger in the street - Jan 18, 2010
- Deliveryman robbed by two men in Uniondale, NY - Dec 29, 2009
- Nassau County, New York police investigate vandalism to dozens of cars - May 24, 2010
- Nassau County Robbery Squad arrest man in connection with string of robberies - Feb 11, 2010
- Roosevelt, NY church burglary results in $11,000 of missing equipment - Jan 18, 2010
- Tennessee Amber Alert issued after father kidnaps two young children - May 29, 2010
- Vinod Khanna leads Long Island's first India Day Parade (With images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Robber 'Mummy' with a hatchet sought in gas station robbery - Feb 23, 2011
- Spain busts gang that ripped off drug dealers - May 11, 2012
- Toronto Police are investigating the sexual assault of a seven-year-old girl - Jan 18, 2010
- New York police arrest two Oyster Bay women after offering sex in return for money during massage - Mar 12, 2010
- Onedia, NY police announce an investigation into an armed robbery - Jan 19, 2010
- NY Man Calls 'Crime Stoppers' Looking to Score Drugs - Nov 11, 2010
- Traffic stop turns to drug arrest in Nassau, NY - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: 45 years, amount of money, bno, chevy, county police department, crime stoppers, gas station, hempstead new york, hempstead turnpike, nassau county police, nassau county police department, pumping gas, robbery, sweat pants, white tank