Man killed when human cannonball stunt goes awryApril 26th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Kent, April 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A human cannonball met his tragic death on Monday when his stunt went fatally wrong. The safety net which was supposed to be engaged and save him failed. The man crashed to the ground and died later at the hospital.
The man is believed to be in his twenties. The incident happened during the Scott May’s Daredevil Stuntshow at the Kent County Showground in Detling, Kent. The show which started about 3pm was canceled immediately after the accident as the police moved in and cordoned off the scene.
The stuntman has been identified only as Matt. Police kept the public away from the scene where the incident happened as they started their investigation into the accident. Some of the witnesses were traumatized after seeing the man crash to the ground.
The paramedics rushed in to whisk the man to the hospital but he was pronounced dead at the hospital. Shortly after the accident, a spokesman for Scott Mary Stunt Show released a statement saying ‘unforeseen circumstances’ have caused the show to be cancelled for the day. The spokesperson failed to comment on the death of Matt.
A spokesperson of the Kent Police said it is not yet known where Matt comes from. The police investigation is still ongoing.
- UK 'Human cannonball' man killed during 'Daredevil Stunt Show' - Apr 26, 2011
- Human cannonball dies as safety net collapses - Apr 26, 2011
- Stuntman killed, actress injured in Greater Noida mall (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Stuntman plunges to death, actress injured at mall opening (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Spider-man Christopher Tierney falls on the Broadway stage - Dec 22, 2010
- Stuntman injured on set of 'Hangover' sequel receiving "advanced care" - Dec 29, 2010
- Stuntman dies in Bulgaria while filming 'The Expendables 2' - Oct 28, 2011
- German Stunt-Man Samuel Koch Injured While Performing Stunt For TV Show "Wetten, Dass?" - Dec 07, 2010
- Injury Continues In The Spider-Man Broadway Musical - Dec 21, 2010
- Stuntman Todd Green dies in a deadly stunt - Aug 23, 2011
- Avengers stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald injured - Jun 28, 2011
- Schoolgirl chokes to death after imitating suicide scene - Dec 27, 2011
- 'The Colbert Report' suspended - Feb 17, 2012
- Sandyford's abattoir worker killed by falling carcass - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: crash, daredevil, detling, human cannonball, kent county showground, kent police, paramedics, police investigation, safety net, spokesman, spokesperson, stuntman, tragic death, unforeseen circumstances