Man Attacks Six Girls With a Meat Cleaver in ChinaMay 17th, 2010 - 11:06 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Six young women were attacked in a busy Chinese market by a man wielding a meat cleaver, according to reports by CNN News and the Guangzhou Daily. Of the six girls, two were seriously wounded and all of the victims were places in local hospitals.
The incident took place at around 7 pm Sunday night in the Foshan, Guanbzhou market. After the attack, the man who was approximately 20 years of age jumped three floor to his death. According to witnesses, he held the cleaver in his right hand, ran into a restaurant, and hit a waitress in her shoulder, then ran out of the restaurant, and attacked another girl whop was outside, striking her in the left shoulder as well. Witnesses said that he was hitting every woman he saw. One of the victims was an 18 year old female who was the owner of a take out restaurant, and a second woman was out buying groceries when she was attacked, according to her husband.
This attack comes just a week after another man was sentenced to death because he attacked 29 members of a kindergarten class and three of their teachers with a knife on April 29. After a trial which lasted only half a day, 47 year old Xu Yuyuan was found guilty of intentional homicide. Another tragic event which occurred last week was that a man armed with a kitchen cleaver attacked seven other kindergarten students and a teacher to death in Northwest Chine as a school that was housed in a house which he owned before returning home to commit suicide. Wu Huanming, 48 had insisted that the house which he was allowing the school to rent needed to be vacated as soon as the lease expired. Although it is unknown whether or not the lease actually had expired yet, he killed the five boys and two girls as well as the school owner, and the owner’s mother. Eleven other children were hospitalized from this attack.
- Nine killed in China kindergarten attack (Second Lead) - May 12, 2010
- Man stabbed 28 kids to take 'revenge on society' - Apr 30, 2010
- China to ensure security at every school by 2013 - Aug 18, 2012
- Chinese provincial court upholds execution for kids' attacker - May 27, 2010
- Chinese man sentenced to death for attacking 29 kids - May 15, 2010
- Man executed for stabbing 29 kindergarten children in China - May 30, 2010
- Man executed for east China kindergarten stabbing - May 30, 2010
- Man stabs eight people to death in eastern China - May 09, 2010
- 44 school kids stabbed in China in 2 days (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Man attacked 6 women in China with a 'meat cleaver' & then committed suicide - May 18, 2010
- Chinese court sentences attacker who knifed 29 kids to death - May 15, 2010
- Man kills himself after attacking school kids in China - Apr 30, 2010
- China strengthens security in schools - May 03, 2010
- Elite Dalhousie school in trouble over land deal (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Teacher claims house where George Orwell was born - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: april 29, chine, chinese market, cnn, cnn news, groceries, guangzhou, half a day, homicide, hospitals, kindergarten class, kindergarten students, left shoulder, meat cleaver, returning home, tragic event, two girls, waitress, young women, yuyuan