Man arrested for smuggling 18 titi monkeys into Mexico CityJuly 20th, 2010 - 10:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mexico City, July 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Roberto Sol Cabrera Zavaleta was arrested when he was trying to smuggle 18 titi monkeys into the Mexico City. He was arrested at the airport. He had hidden the titi monkeys underneath his clothes.
According to the Mexico’s Public Safety Department, when the 38 years old Roberto was questioned then he became ‘markedly nervous’. He also had a remarkable bulge underneath his shirt. He was searched and the investigators found to their horror that he had hidden the monkeys under his clothes in an apparent bid to smuggle them.
Roberto had smuggled the monkeys from Lima, Peru and he was apprehended at the Mexico City airport. In fact he had hidden two monkeys in a belt, but they couldn’t make the journey and were found to be dead.
Later in an interview Roberto said that the monkeys were his pets and he had first hidden them in his suitcase but then changed his mind and hid them in his clothes, as he wanted to spare them the X-rays that the luggage goes through.
It ought to be mentioned that the tiny titi monkeys are endangered species and any body found in possession of them ought to have a permit to do so.
- Man Arrested With Titi Monkeys In Pockets - Jul 20, 2010
- Man Arrested Smuggling 18 Endangered Titi Monkeys Under Shirt - Jul 20, 2010
- Man trying to smuggle 18 monkeys arrested in Mexico - Jul 21, 2010
- Man with 250 rare animals caught in Argentina - Dec 27, 2011
- Man found with snakes & tortoise in his pants at Miami Airport - Aug 30, 2011
- Man held for smuggling cocaine into Mexico in his shoes - Jan 21, 2011
- Man held at Jaipur airport for gold smuggling - Aug 10, 2012
- Mexican taxi driver rewarded for honesty - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian held in Dhaka for smuggling tortoises - Aug 07, 2012
- US, UK in crisis talks over man smuggling 80 guns on flights from US - Jan 25, 2011
- Guns being smuggled into Britain on passenger flights - Jan 25, 2011
- New Species Of Titi Monkey Found In Columbian Jungles - Aug 16, 2010
- Indian caught with drugs in Malaysia - Jul 23, 2010
- New Species Of Titi Monkeys Found In Colombian Jungle - Aug 16, 2010
- Abandoned suitcases trigger panic in Kathmandu - Jun 09, 2011